Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Freeloader Disc on Wii

Does anyone know much about these freeloader discs?

I got my Wii modded and filled my bag with Wii games from Bali.

Most of the games work fine, however some will show the boot screen in the Wii menu, but once you load into the game, the Wii seems to freeze and needs to be powered off.

Would the freeloader help in this situation? The guy at the ModShop said that the freeloader will run all the games that the mod chip can't.... but not sure if he was just milking for more coin.

If I was to get a freeloader disc, what country would I get? I only see Euro, USA and Jap listed when they mention them... i didnt pay attention to the copy they had at ModShop...

:)

• Administrators
The freeloader disk does not work with all disks. The modshop as usual are spreading a load of rubbish. Some ntsc games will not work on pal consoles no matter what. It can also depend on what type of modchip you have installed and what firmware is on the chip as to whether a game will work or not. Another thing to try is changing from pal 60 to pal 50 in the systems settings. A handy link is http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List:_PAL

That clears things up for me.

Thanks for all the info...

The Bali games don't list NTSC/PAL on the case... so I imagine that it's the NTSC ones that are cactus...

I was hoping the freeloader would work on the games that the WiiKey didnt work with... I'll have to compare them to that table...

Looks like I'll have head to the video shop and start some ripping.... :badgrin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...