Quick wii modding questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick wii modding questions

Ok, I just downloaded the re5 trailer of xbl and nearly shat my pants by how awesome it looks, Unfortunately i have only ever played and beaten 1 & 4, so i looked on ebay to buy 0, 2, and 3 and they were nearly $50ea

So the question is..

If i got my wii modded could i burn gc games onto standard dvd's and play them or do i need those stupid mini disks? Also i think most of them have 2 disks and i hear'd that when you have to place the 2nd disk in, is messes up because its a copy or something. And whats the chance that in the future the wii updates will detect the mod or something?

I have the modded wii, i have burnt gamecube games to regular dvds and they work fine

Comment

Ok, Has anybody here installed one themself? im pretty average at soldering but wondering if i could do it myself

Comment

Originally posted by Mame Man View Post
        Ok, Has anybody here installed one themself? im pretty average at soldering but wondering if i could do it myself
        you wont be able to do it yourself
        sigpic

Comment

ive done 1 and they are easy if you have a older wii and can use a wiikey but if you have a newer model and have to use one of the newer d2c modchips give up and pay the person all the money he wants to do it.

Comment

i bought the wii on release day so im pretty sure i have a older one

Comment

Go to http://wiitracker.nintendo-scene.com/search.php to check what your Wii is likely to be.
              Q.Are we not men? A.We are DEVO!

Comment

well if it is wiikeyable then you just need to put a few blobs of solder onto a board it is quite easy. The main problem is the points are pretty small and some are quite close together. If you can find a pro in the local area to solder it you might as well spend the extra because you know your gonna save a lot in the long run.

Comment

I did mine myself.
                  It was a WiiKey-able model. Didn't use the quick solder but soldiered wire onto the wiikey then onto the contact points.

Comment

I do mods on the side (http://www.meltonmods.com) and would advise ANYONE *NOT* to do the quicksolder method and instead use small wires as Savage suggests.

Much less chance of stuffing it up.

Comment

GC games on normal DVD-R work.

As for soldering the wiring fiagram for the first couple of revisons of the Wii looks very simple - just depends how steady your hand is!

Comment

if youre not confident, get someone to do it, you don't want to screw up your wii, especially because you cant buy another one as they are sold out!
                        theres a moose on the loose

Comment

I bought Wii-boss, Disassembled the Wii ready to quick solder, Looked at how small the points actually are..... Put the wii back together without installing coz I would have ****ed it up!!!!
                          Im sure I could do the wire method though... What sort of wire is generally used for chips? Does it matter how short the wires are?
                          Ulex europaeus

Comment

Originally posted by Gorse View Post
                            What sort of wire is generally used for chips? Does it matter how short the wires are?
                            This is the stuff I use. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView...Max=&SUBCATID=

Single strand, insulated, small enough to solder directly onto the legs of SMT IC's.

Comment

Thanks Devodave,
                              I might have another crack at it!
                              Ulex europaeus

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X