Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Quick wii modding questions

Ok, I just downloaded the re5 trailer of xbl and nearly shat my pants by how awesome it looks, Unfortunately i have only ever played and beaten 1 & 4, so i looked on ebay to buy 0, 2, and 3 and they were nearly $50ea:(

So the question is..

If i got my wii modded could i burn gc games onto standard dvd's and play them or do i need those stupid mini disks? Also i think most of them have 2 disks and i hear'd that when you have to place the 2nd disk in, is messes up because its a copy or something. And whats the chance that in the future the wii updates will detect the mod or something?

well if it is wiikeyable then you just need to put a few blobs of solder onto a board it is quite easy. The main problem is the points are pretty small and some are quite close together. If you can find a pro in the local area to solder it you might as well spend the extra because you know your gonna save a lot in the long run.

I bought Wii-boss, Disassembled the Wii ready to quick solder, Looked at how small the points actually are..... Put the wii back together without installing coz I would have fucked it up!!!!

Im sure I could do the wire method though... What sort of wire is generally used for chips? Does it matter how short the wires are?:unsure

What sort of wire is generally used for chips? Does it matter how short the wires are?:unsure

This is the stuff I use. http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=WW4344&CATID=&keywords=kynar&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

Single strand, insulated, small enough to solder directly onto the legs of SMT IC's.

Got my wii modded on the weekend, best money I have spent, got it because my daughter found a couple of discs and decided to scratch them. Got it done at Bankstown, I have the new version Wii and got the D2cKey chip. I just got an emulator disc, unbelivable, 2500 games on one disc. It emulates NES, Super NES, Master System, Megadrive etc, wow! Is there an emulator disc for N64 games?

that is an emulator disk for gamecube and you can get various n64 games for the gamecube there is a pack with these games on black cats.

| Duke Nukem 64 (E) [!]

| International Superstar Soccer _98 (E) [!]

| International Superstar Soccer _98 (U) [!]

| Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.1) [!]

| Mace - The Dark Age (E) [!]

| Mario Kart 64 (E) (V1.1) [!]

| Milo_s Astro Lanes (E) [!]

| NHL Pro 99 (E) [!]

| Star Soldier Vanishing Earth (J) [!]

| Super Mario 64 (E) (M3) [!]

| Wave Race 64 (E) (M2)[!]

I do mods on the side (http://www.meltonmods.com) and would advise ANYONE *NOT* to do the quicksolder method and instead use small wires as Savage suggests.
You shouldn't sell "wiikey compatible" chips! :( Stop being cheap and support the Wiikey developers and install genuine chips.

I bought Wii-boss, Disassembled the Wii ready to quick solder, Looked at how small the points actually are..... Put the wii back together without installing coz I would have fucked it up!!!!

Im sure I could do the wire method though... What sort of wire is generally used for chips? Does it matter how short the wires are?:unsure

LMAO :p I was like "wow, there's no way I can solder this tiny thing"... but I did, and did the quick-solder, and the installation was perfect! Face your fears!! :lol

You shouldn't sell "wiikey compatible" chips! :( Stop being cheap and support the Wiikey developers and install genuine chips.

Stick it up yer Kyber.

They work, the firmware on them can be updated, I guarantee them for the life of the console, and I tell people that they are 'compatibles' (ie. Clones.) I also install them for a lot less than others do. A lot of modders do not have the scruples I do, and will sell clones for top dollar.

If *YOU* want to support the developers, feel free to pay $20 or so extra and buy only originals. I won't tell you how to spend your money.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone used the flex PCB for the D2CKey?

http://www.ozmodchips.com/images/flexPcb.png

Any advantages? or just as easy to use normal wire method.

I assume the D2CKey is the preferred Wii chip for newer models? (compared to the D2Pro (9 wire solution)? http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/d2pro-wii-mod-chip-d2c-p-235.html