Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinda retro - these arrived today:

Comment

• I bought a Sony PVM with cracked neck board. I patched in two wires to make up for the cracks, it turned on and looked perfect for 4,3,2,1 seconds then turned off - never to turn on again!
      So very sad. I am at a loss this whole week on what to do as I really want it to work! Half my luck. More to the story but thats the crux of it. Super Fine Pitch badge is nice though lol.
      Another Sony-styled boat anchor.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0664.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	2103425 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0661.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	2103426 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0662.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	230.2 KB
ID:	2103427
        Found this Hanimex HTV531-4 AM, FM, cassette & B/W TV all nicely packed into one, totally portable. Pity there is no tv broadcast anymore. Picture is very bright just dulled due to the cameras flash. I rescued it from a dump bin in front of a e-waste collection point.
        Gemini2544's 4th Pinball meet Saturday 21/03/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini2544 View Post
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0664.JPG Views:	2 Size:	204.5 KB ID:	2103425 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0661.JPG Views:	2 Size:	299.5 KB ID:	2103426 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0662.JPG Views:	2 Size:	230.2 KB ID:	2103427
          Found this Hanimex HTV531-4 AM, FM, cassette & B/W TV all nicely packed into one, totally portable. Pity there is no tv broadcast anymore. Picture is very bright just dulled due to the cameras flash. I rescued it from a dump bin in front of a e-waste collection point.
          Could you play Atari or pong on it?
          Very nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arcade King View Post

Could you play Atari or pong on it?
            Very nice.
            I got a ZX81 I could use too!

Comment

• Not console related but it’s what I found in a 80’ arcade machine hidden in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragonlee View Post
                Not console related but it’s what I found in a 80’ arcade machine hidden in there.
                I know someone that found a jar of grass stuffed down the back, So be careful buying a locked machine with no keys..Never know what's in side.

Comment

• Originally posted by redferatu View Post
                  Maybe bought a little too much while I was in Japan.

I bought some with the intention to on sell though. Not sure how I got it all in my bags to be honest.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
                  Last time in Japan was 15 years ago for me and I came back with the same amount of gaming stuff

Tell me, are there still bargains to be had? I am planning on going over there again hopefully next year.

Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
                  Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

Comment

• I was there recently and it's not easy to find bargains in Tokyo or Osaka on, for example and of relevance to me, neo geo stuff. If you want a 1000yen Nintendo DS and Japan only famicom titles then yes, it's going to be cheaper there than here. I got a reasonable price on a PC engine that I haven't got working yet.

Honestly there's better deals on yaj on the rarer stuff.

I didn't go to far flung places though; everyone says you gotta go way out to remote hard offs etc.

Akihabara and Denden town are eBay prices at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by dzhay1981 View Post
                      I was there recently and it's not easy to find bargains in Tokyo or Osaka on, for example and of relevance to me, neo geo stuff. If you want a 1000yen Nintendo DS and Japan only famicom titles then yes, it's going to be cheaper there than here. I got a reasonable price on a PC engine that I haven't got working yet.

Honestly there's better deals on yaj on the rarer stuff.

I didn't go to far flung places though; everyone says you gotta go way out to remote hard offs etc.

Akihabara and Denden town are eBay prices at best.
                      Duly noted, thanks for the heads up.

Neo Geo and Sega are my vices and am looking to do some scooping up of games I hope

Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
                      Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

Comment

• Beyond retro.

Out of storage, my grandfathers Blaupunkt valve radio. European model but picks up the top section of the FM band and has a rich warm sound.

Comment

• I've got a big box of salvaged glass vacuum valves if it needs any.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X