Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What retro stuff did you add to your stash this week?

Collapse

Any brand of Game Consoles, hacks , mods, tips , or anything ya like...

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took the plunge on an FM TOWNS II
    This thing rocks!

Game is Tatsujin Oh, Truxton II.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-11-02_16-43-14.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	277.1 KB
ID:	2174563 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-11-02_16-43-35.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	2174564 Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2020-11-02_16-43-53.jpg
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	2174565

Comment

• Originally posted by radirgyman View Post
      Finally took the plunge on an FM TOWNS II
      This thing rocks!

wow!

Comment

• Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Comment

• Dayyyyyyyyyum son. That's legit hot.

Comment

• Kerbside pick up..
            Needed to rescue the vintage Nec St2602 tv.
            Phillip 21” will be decased for future use as a arcade monitor set up.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Pick up of the day
              3 x 9” Sony Crt broadcast monitor
              1 x 10” Jvs Crt broadcast monitor
              Will offload a couple in the near future.😁
              Attached Files

Comment

• Garage sale trail is on

Decided to go a different way out of town and ended up at a nannas clear out sale by relies

Guy moved crate and i look down and nearly died in excitment
                Attached Files
                you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

• ​ Workmate gave me a PS2 Hot Pack bundle plus another 6 games

She was going to give it to me a couple of weeks ago but then she got sentimental and though shed keep it after all. Then she plugged it in and decided the moment had passed. Lucky me
                  Danny Galaga- the man with no signature...

Comment

• I picked this beauty up earlier in the week: What looks to be a NOS (or unboxed, but never used) 486 DX33 + 14" screen. Apparently was ex-CSIRO or something similar, as it was found in a container full of other scientific gear. The system is a DX33 + 20MB of RAM and has on-board IDE/FDD controllers, both of which are pretty unheard of for a machine from the early 90s (and probably was horrifically expensive). Also has a whole bunch of Gamma-Metrics scientific measurement cards in it, which makes sense as the system itself is branded Gamma-Metrics - guessing it's a pre-built kit they used to sell at some point in the past.

Name:	EooU3J1UwAAz6j-.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	2181251

Bunch more pictures over here: https://twitter.com/blahjedi/status/1335902355980632066

Also uses one of those plug-in, external type batteries so zero leakage or damage to the board. It all works, although I need to figure out how to get into the BIOS (or configure HDD options), as the battery is definitely flat. At least confirms it works!

Name:	EoxUeitU0AAZT3T.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	2181252

Comment

• Evoc IPC-6806 industrial pc
                      No hdd but I will install a window 95 or 98 when I get around to it.
                      If anyone interested let me know.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• My Astro Mini rocked up finally! Stick feels good, emulation is pretty solid and other than a slightly underpowered built-in speaker, there isn't much I can say bad about it (Gameboy for scale).

Name:	astro_mini.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	223.3 KB
ID:	2184806 Click image for larger version

Name:	astro_mini2.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	2184807
                        Attached Files

Comment

• New releases of Space Invaders and Bubble Bobble and an older Pac-Man release. Not retro but retro IP. These will be fun on the arcade cabinet.

Comment

• Originally posted by radirgyman View Post
                            Finally took the plunge on an FM TOWNS II
                            This thing rocks!

Was that from yahoo japan or ebay ?

Comment

• Realised the last time I contributed to this thread would have been years back... cool to see interesting gear shared here!

Back in 2018 I was in Japan for uni and bought too much stuff so I got my head around the postal system and sent it home. While I packed in manga, figures, merch and toys I also grabbed a stack of games and a few PCBs. I only opened the boxes late last year - the back room (which is the game room) was in a shocking mess so had a big cleanout after finishing up my studies which took ages. To encourage me to do it I made a promise not to open everything until I sorted it out.

I know it's probably a bit odd, but it worked. Turns out I bought more stuff than I remembered so the good thing is that since the back room was in order I could find room for everything.

Anywho, I edited it down into a video - if you're impatient/don't care about the bla-bla the arcade stuff starts at 3:29, then retro games from 4:07.

Last time I was in Japan in 2012 I picked up the more important/rarer stuff I guess but not quite the same volume of gear because I didn't know how to navigate the post office on my own.

Pricing was better then but not crazy cheap given I was shopping in/around Osaka and Tokyo, though PSone titles were cheap-as in overloaded Sofmaps and Book Offs.

For the 2018 trip I was based in Tokyo, Kyoto and Sendai with some stops in Nara and Naruko but shopping time was limited given I was there to attend classes and business stuff (schedule was full on). So it was a compromise - convenience meant pricing was generally fair depending on the store but not cheap. For the games where I haven't removed the stickers you can get an idea what I paid for them (though all the stuff from Suru was discounted at the teller by 10% that weekend and I claimed tax free to save another 8%).

Was good fun though
                              - my nerdy gaming blog...

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X