Gamecube: Qoob Chip MOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamecube: Qoob Chip MOD

there is a free loader coming soon for the wii so we'll just have to wait for that.

Mrs bought a Cube for the kids for chrissy for 99 bucks, top value console. first thing I did was QooBed it

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
      Mrs bought a Cube for the kids for chrissy for 99 bucks, top value console. first thing I did was QooBed it
      Cool..where did you get your Qoob chip from and is it the pro? I take you can burn mini dvd-r in a normal DVD burner if its capable of dvd-r?
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah any old burner should burn mini DVDs, nothing special about them.
        The Cube can be picky about certain media but so far ive had no problems at all.

I got the chip from http://www.acegamestore.com/ I can say they were fantastic was here in a week and this was over chrissy. QooB pro is $50 which is great value for money, its really got my interest back in the console stuff.
        Zelda Twilight Princess is AMAZING!

Comment

Yeah any old burner should burn mini DVDs, nothing special about them.
          The Cube can be picky about certain media but so far ive had no problems at all.

I got the chip from http://www.acegamestore.com/ I can say they were fantastic was here in a week and this was over chrissy. QooB pro is $50 which is great value for money, its really got my interest back in the console stuff.
          Zelda Twilight Princess is AMAZING!
          Yep found that site and ordered one Half price with free postage! Now just have to find some torrents......
          sigpic

Comment

How much did you pay for the BBA?
            sigpic

Comment

30 usd

Comment

I've ordered a qoob chip for my GC, but I didnt know if I wanted to fit it into my current machine... because it's one of the later models, they removed the Digital AV out socket
                Is it possible to mod one in?
                Otherwise I might have to look for a new (old ) model...
                BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Qoob is suppose to work in any model.

Comment

And this will make it Multi region?
                    sigpic

Comment

Made a new thread for this guys. Contents extracted from the shmups/GC thread.
                      The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Qoob is suppose to work in any model.
                        Yeah it does.

The current AV out socket is analog = composite and RGB (only in PAL units I think).

They removed the Digital A\V port out in cubes made after mid-2004, which allowed for progressive output and the use of Component cables (YUV)
                        BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

Comment

Just use the composite like the rest of us

Comment

Just use the composite like the rest of us
                            Heh, I have been so far Might have to stick with it

EDIT: Looks like I can use an RGB scart connection (my Grudig TV has RGB scart inputs rather than YUV component). The GC outputs RGB via the analog A\V port.
                            and they only cost $8 So it's worth a try...
                            http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RGB-SCART-VID...QQcmdZViewItem

BTW What was the brand of mini-DVDs that you recommended the other day?

Analog A/V Out

* Composite video
                            * S-Video
                            * RGB (PAL consoles ONLY, not available in NTSC consoles)
                            * Stereo audio
                            Nintendo kept the RGB output intact for PAL GameCubes beacuse most European video hardware supports RGB through the widely-used SCART connector. In North America and Japan, the RGB connection type is not standardized, and 9-pin, 21-pin, 25-pin, and BNC connector interfaces all exist. In Japan the 21-pin type of connector somewhat more prevalent.

Digital A/V Out

* Digital audio (in Digital Audio Interface (DAI) format, not S/PDIF)
                            * YPbPr / YCbCr component video (via component video cable only)
                            * Analog RGB (via modified component video cable only)
                            Last edited by Mickey Juice; 16th January 2007, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DKong View Post
                              And this will make it Multi region?
                              Yup:

Direct boot of all media, without swapping! (PAL and NTSC)
                              Supports all regions PAL / USA / JAP
                              On-board MP3 Player included
                              Super easy USB upgrade system (USB transfer cable included)
                              DVD Disc upgradeable
                              Network upgradeable
                              Bios selection/control supported
                              Supports all retail hardware (DOL-001 USA, JPN, EUR and DOL-101)
                              Fastboot of original discs
                              Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network
                              Comfortable easy to use Windows PC flash software (in download section)
                              Supports homebrew and open-source coding
                              Integrated media compatabilty check (checks all sectors of inserted media)
                              Streaming Audio Fix
                              Integrated status LED
                              Easy Installation, only 6 wires (no soldering on qoob chip required, special cable included)
                              Multicolor graphical user interface for easy operation
                              Supports Mini/DVD-R, Mini/DVD+R
                              16MBit on-board Flash to store homebrew applications
                              High secure - low power Actel FPGA
                              Supports Panasonic Gamecube
                              Packed in a stable carboard box including all wires, 3D Sticker and USB transfer cable
                              Product Compatibility:

Compatible with all GC versions (A, B and C), PAL or NTSC.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X