Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gamecube: Qoob Chip MOD

Mrs bought a Cube for the kids for chrissy for 99 bucks, top value console. first thing I did was QooBed it ;)

Cool..where did you get your Qoob chip from and is it the pro? I take you can burn mini dvd-r in a normal DVD burner if its capable of dvd-r?

• Administrators

Yeah any old burner should burn mini DVDs, nothing special about them.

The Cube can be picky about certain media but so far ive had no problems at all.

I got the chip from http://www.acegamestore.com/ I can say they were fantastic was here in a week and this was over chrissy. QooB pro is $50 which is great value for money, its really got my interest back in the console stuff.

Zelda Twilight Princess is AMAZING!

Yeah any old burner should burn mini DVDs, nothing special about them.

The Cube can be picky about certain media but so far ive had no problems at all.

I got the chip from http://www.acegamestore.com/ I can say they were fantastic was here in a week and this was over chrissy. QooB pro is $50 which is great value for money, its really got my interest back in the console stuff.

Zelda Twilight Princess is AMAZING!

Yep found that site and ordered one;) Half price with free postage! Now just have to find some torrents......

I've ordered a qoob chip for my GC, but I didnt know if I wanted to fit it into my current machine... because it's one of the later models, they removed the Digital AV out socket :(

Is it possible to mod one in?

Otherwise I might have to look for a new (old ;)) model...

Qoob is suppose to work in any model.

Yeah it does.

The current AV out socket is analog = composite and RGB (only in PAL units I think).

They removed :( the Digital A\V port out in cubes made after mid-2004, which allowed for progressive output and the use of Component cables (YUV)

Just use the composite like the rest of us :p

Heh, I have been so far :) Might have to stick with it :lol

EDIT: Looks like I can use an RGB scart connection (my Grudig TV has RGB scart inputs rather than YUV component). The GC outputs RGB via the analog A\V port.

and they only cost $8 :) So it's worth a try...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/RGB-SCART-VIDEO-CABLE-for-Nintendo-GameCube_W0QQitemZ280070754326QQihZ018QQcategoryZ20389QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BTW What was the brand of mini-DVDs that you recommended the other day?

Analog A/V Out

* Composite video

* S-Video

* RGB (PAL consoles ONLY, not available in NTSC consoles)

* Stereo audio

Nintendo kept the RGB output intact for PAL GameCubes beacuse most European video hardware supports RGB through the widely-used SCART connector. In North America and Japan, the RGB connection type is not standardized, and 9-pin, 21-pin, 25-pin, and BNC connector interfaces all exist. In Japan the 21-pin type of connector somewhat more prevalent.

Digital A/V Out

* Digital audio (in Digital Audio Interface (DAI) format, not S/PDIF)

* YPbPr / YCbCr component video (via component video cable only)

* Analog RGB (via modified component video cable only)

And this will make it Multi region?

Yup:

Direct boot of all media, without swapping! (PAL and NTSC)

Supports all regions PAL / USA / JAP

On-board MP3 Player included

Super easy USB upgrade system (USB transfer cable included)

DVD Disc upgradeable

Network upgradeable

Bios selection/control supported

Supports all retail hardware (DOL-001 USA, JPN, EUR and DOL-101)

Fastboot of original discs

Compatible with "GCOS" and other IPL replacements, allowing homebrew development via SD card and/or network

Comfortable easy to use Windows PC flash software (in download section)

Supports homebrew and open-source coding

Integrated media compatabilty check (checks all sectors of inserted media)

Streaming Audio Fix

Integrated status LED

Easy Installation, only 6 wires (no soldering on qoob chip required, special cable included)

Multicolor graphical user interface for easy operation

Supports Mini/DVD-R, Mini/DVD+R

16MBit on-board Flash to store homebrew applications

High secure - low power Actel FPGA

Supports Panasonic Gamecube

Packed in a stable carboard box including all wires, 3D Sticker and USB transfer cable

Product Compatibility:

Compatible with all GC versions (A, B and C), PAL or NTSC.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the chip from http://www.acegamestore.com/ I can say they were fantastic was here in a week and this was over chrissy.

Damnit. Mine hasn't turned up yet... ordered it on the 14th... even though my order online just says "processed". :x

I can get Xbox chips from china in 3 days, but a company in the same country?... grrr!!!

Thats pretty gay :unsure can you contact them?

I did once saying I never got a confirmation email (but I dont think you did either), they never replied.

Did the status of your order ever change online? eg packing. Shipped. etc Mine has always just said 'processed'... :unsure

I'll check the mail today and then send them an email... :x

• Administrators
I did once saying I never got a confirmation email (but I dont think you did either), they never replied.

Did the status of your order ever change online? eg packing. Shipped. etc Mine has always just said 'processed'... :unsure

I'll check the mail today and then send them an email... :x

Mine just said processed.

Mine just said processed.

I got it today :D

Looks like I got a 2nd notice from the post office that there was a registered package for me... but I never got the first one!!! :x Otherwise I would have had it 3 days after ordering it! :rolleyes

Damnit. Mine hasn't turned up yet... ordered it on the 14th... even though my order online just says "processed". :x

I can get Xbox chips from china in 3 days, but a company in the same country?... grrr!!!

I ordered mine about the same time and was here within a week :unsure

Edit Good to seee you got it! Missed your last post

I ordered mine about the same time and was here within a week :unsure

Edit Good to seee you got it! Missed your last post

Yeah that's why I try not to have stuff sent to my home address :rolleyes

oh well, can have some fun with it tonight :D

• 1 month later...

What brand of 8cm DVD-R's do you use for backups. I have tried some TDK 2x and no go and would only burn at 1x . They were cheap and I have since found out they won't burn the NGC iso. Worked on normal size TDK DVD-R's burning at 6x so the ISO is ok. Just played it with the lid off the Cube ..very Ghetto. Would rather have the games backed up on 8cm DVD's

Cheers

• Administrators
What brand of 8cm DVD-R's do you use for backups. I have tried some TDK 2x and no go and would only burn at 1x . They were cheap and I have since found out they won't burn the NGC iso. Worked on normal size TDK DVD-R's burning at 6x so the ISO is ok. Just played it with the lid off the Cube ..very Ghetto. Would rather have the games backed up on 8cm DVD's

Cheers

I use JVC had the same problem with TDK.