Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help finding good cable for gamecube and xbox

I was hope I could get some advice on a s-video cable to hook up to my Pal GameCube. Apparently there is a big difference between good ones and bad ones, I’ve seen there is official Nintendo cable and other expensive ones like monster. But in advertising it says for ntsc. Are they really just for ntsc or are they the same for PAL.

also the Nintendo and monster ones are very expensive even if you can find them. Are there are more affordable options out there

also has anyone tried some sort of component cables for original Xbox, I know that pal Xbox’s don’t do the higher resolution but does the image come out better? I am playing burnout revenge and it doesn’t look great, but American Xbox’s with the good cables and higher definition, burnout looks great.

thanks

I should have pointed out I don’t want any mods to the console. So I’m looking at just getting the best leads for the job. I believe those Circuit board hdmi adapters don’t work for pal, I could be wrong.

i have done so much searching for the answer that I want and have gotten no where as we have pal like Europe but our TVs mostly don’t have scart but we have s-video like America but not yet certain as to whether s-video works for us and if it does, do all s-video cable work for us?

or does anyone know of a person I could get in contact with that would know, thanks

If you can/want to head down the HDMI path the RAD2x cables might suit for GC.

One thing to note, they are still on backorder until next month.

Ive ordered some of the mega drive on SNES/N64/GC ones, I can report back on how they go once they arrive.

Why not mod especially the Xbox?. HDMI on the Xbox classic is a big improvement.

Here's a couple of pictures of ones I did and still have all working perfectly. I'd say as good as original but modded Xboxes are far, far better than stock.

HDMI means no longer trying to find "good" Xbox component cables and being able to buy cables of any length rather than just 1 meter.

Cost me under $30 and a night on the soldering iron.

http://c93jebC.jpg

http://nYMPb5j.jpg

http://Y2KiWwh.jpg

http://nDgFx0j.jpg

http://3WJ8CMU.jpg

I found the converter worked best inside the Xbox's faraday cage because external to the Xbox and the component cables that go to the converter all needed to be grounded real well and the cables were just a mess. Put it all inside the Xbox and the component cables can be replaced with wires and now the Xbox just has one HDMI cable coming from it.

While your at it you may as well chip or TSOP the machine, copy all your games to a large hard drive as the machine plays far better reading games off the HDD instead of the disc. The weak spots on the Xbox were the disc drive and the time capacitor. Games on the HDD means you never need the disc drive working again and taking out the super capacitor used for the time means no leaks onto the PC board requiring hours of trace repairs.

You need to mod with a chip or TSOP mod the machine to let you go larger HDDs but you can go up to 2TB sata HDDs with an adapter or 500GB IDE HDDs and that will get probably every game you have playable without ever inserting a game disc again.

Let me know if your interested. I have miles of parts already modded or non modded for classic Xboxes.

Autosteve, I like what you have done, it is very cool. Call me weird but I do like to keep things rather stock, and buying the real physical game and putting it etc. but yeah I was hoping just to get a better picture out of my console as I know the composite cables are letting the systems down. I have only found out how bad recently when I had composite from the wii u and vote betta looked poor, so I switched to hdmi and it looked wonderful, so I am wishing to get the other consoles up to scratch by investing in good cables. And let consoles be the best they can without taking that next step.

i do also have a modded Xbox but I just don’t use it for copied games, I don’t get the joy out of it. But maybe I should look into modifying it to have it do higher res, but I’d prefer to see how getting better cables go first. Appreciate the advice anyway.

• 1 year later...

I know this post was back in 2020 but now there is a new HDMI mod for original xbox with no lag from a converter as it works straight from the video chip I might be wrong about where it connects to (video chip) but it does not buffer the signal and can output at 1080 p/i without a ram chip upgrade and if you don't want to chip or TSOP your xbox you could softmod it the good thing about softmodding is you can easily restore the dashboard to original if you need to, I have used component cables from ebay on my PAL xbox's which gives me 720p and the image quality is great but to get 720p the xbox has to have a program set so it "runs" in NTSC on the PAL xbox