Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

SNES Console Help

I pulled out my consoles last year and have been playing a lot of Mario on the SNES with my kids. The SNES now wont boot, just comes up with a blank screen. The AV cable looked stretched at either ends so got new one of those and the problem persists. I only have a handful of cartridges, all working, and on one of them it will load and freeze on the start screen (Nintendo logo), but the rest come up blank. The strange thing is that this all happens on a second working SNES I have. Playing through a CRT and have tried all AV inputs, also been playing Mario on the NES so TV shouldn't be the problem. Also tried a couple of original power supplies. Any ideas you console gurus out there? We need to save the Princess!

Blow on the cartridges. It’s a common wives tale / misconception that this does any real damage to cartridges. It is theoretical or speculative from people who haven’t played games since the 80s. Every game I have ever bought minus 1 I think from a a famicom and a sega md worked. Those 2 that didn’t work had mask rom or ram errors and the pins appeared pristine. Otherwise you will have to replace the cartridge connector on the snes which is mire expensive time and money wise than just buying another console on eBay.

Same here. I’ll fix it for you. Most 3rd/4th gen consoles are unbreakble through normal use. 3rd and fourth gen consoles faults, the common ones - nes, gb, snes and md are usually due to a faulty chart ridge, cartridge connected,collage regular or blown caps.

There is a reasonable amount of troubleshooting one can do for the SNES using only a multimeter. It has a surface mount fuse you could test, and then move on for voltage testing. The voltage regulator may have failed or maybe the cart slot needs cleaning and reseating. Looks like a local is offering help so report back if still stuck.

I don’t understand the post. You state the cartridges all working but then come up blank. How do you know they are working? Did you mean they were working. It is a very weird problem and is most likely a power problem. It’s not a famicom that you have plugged the ac adapter into? That will destroy it. Also the multi out cable is different between PAL/NTSC If I remember correctly. I can fix it if you post it to me or drop it off. I'm in Taringa. Have all the tools and parts to fix it. No charge. Edited by hvc01
Further info