Emulator to CRT via RGB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emulator to CRT via RGB

Gonna get rid of some of my retro stuff so I can put the cash toward other things. I want to be able to play retro console games on a CRT via RGB, is there a cheapish way to emulate games and output 240p/480i via SCART RGB?

I’m thinking a Wii might do, but I wouldn’t mind being able to emulate GC and DC also.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Hmmmm, if you want to emulate up to DC and GC, you're gonna want more power than most standard setups. If you're tech savvy, you could setup a decent PC using CRT_EMU driver to output low resolutions over VGA. That would likely be the best way to do it. You could need to make up a SCART to VGA cable, which a lot of people know how to do, you can even buy them pre-made.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have some research to do.

Have come across mister and retroarch since posting, now to add CRT_EMU to the list. Is there any particular bottleneck on the hardware side when running CRT_EMU? Currently have a laptop with a decent speed i5 and 16gb, but the integrated graphics is complete bunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

The biggest bottleneck of CRT_EMU is the graphics card you choose to use. You will need to choose a suitable Radeon series card. There are heaps to choose from. If you choose a low powered one, it will run all MAME and early console games well, but it won't run GC or DC. A powerful Radeon for CRT_EMU will run GC and DC fine.

You can't use your laptop for CRT_EMU, as it needs a stand-alone graphics card.

Comment

Thanks mate. Thinking I might go the Mister route now, and just get a GC compatible Wii and DC too.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
          Working...
          X