Sharing my console and handheld collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing my console and handheld collection

I spent 10 years in Singapore and returned to the Gold Coast 2 months ago. While I was in Singapore I started collecting consoles and handhelds due to space restrictions for full size cabinets and pinball machines. Anyway after collecting for a year or two I have returned to Australia and I have started to display what I have. I thought I would share a few photos with like minded people as yourselves. I still have a way to go, but I think it's a good start. This is just some of the collection. I don't have enough room for the others. Lot's of double ups and repairs hiding in another room. Any thoughts ideas about the collection or how to improve the display would be appreciated. I will be putting in LED lights into the cabinet at some stage. Cheers.
    I have no garage!

Great collection

Comment

Nice.... cant wait to see what else you have.

Comment

Looking great. Now replace that LCD with a nice CRT I used to have a very similar setup before I packed it all up into boxes. I used the same style of Ikea cube shelving and then I installed a horizontal shelf inside each cube to double my console storage space. It worked really well.

Comment

Great collection Ian, any vintage computers?

Comment

Originally posted by namastepat View Post
            Looking great. Now replace that LCD with a nice CRT I used to have a very similar setup before I packed it all up into boxes. I used the same style of Ikea cube shelving and then I installed a horizontal shelf inside each cube to double my console storage space. It worked really well.
            Thanks. Yes, I'm currently looking for a nice CRT. I'll be moving the LCD into another room. Doubling the shelving is a great idea. Will look into that.

Thanks Trav. No vintage computers yet. I started my computer life on a Vic20 followed by the Commodore64. I keep my eye open for these but the price is generally over the top.
            I have no garage!

Comment

Looks great! It can take awhile to collect rare games at a good price. I have some boxed game and watches. Any idea what they are worth?

Comment

Those Game and Watch's take me back to primary school! Great to see so many.

What you have done with the space allocated and the number of items is really good. Those shelves are getting used a lot by gamers these days for precisely that reason. Some hate them because they are almost cliched, but forget the haters. The collection presents well and is functional. Now I will see myself off to Better Homes and Garden...

Wanted - Neo Geo AES games (PM me Please)
                Wanted - CPS2 game boards (PM me Please)

Comment

Originally posted by kimbleseven View Post
                  Looks great! It can take awhile to collect rare games at a good price. I have some boxed game and watches. Any idea what they are worth?
                  It depends on the game and the condition. Without seeing them they could be worth $20 or $400. PM me with some photos if you want and I'll try to give you an idea.
                  I have no garage!

Comment

Thx for sharing, looks like a great collection to me
                    Bit of everything there.

Comment

Nice Collection!! Love the Game and Watches. Used to play those for hours in the back of the car as a kid on holidays. Still have my original ones. Wish I had kept the boxes!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X