Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Check : Sega Master II

Hi Guys,

The missus is helping to organise a garage sale for the local preschool to raise funds for a new cubby house with disabled access, and last night someone donated a Sega Master System II complete with 21 cartridges.
    I checked it out last night and all it needs is a new dc plug on the power pack and its all go. Just wondering what these systems are worth and what is a reasonable price for the preschool to ask for it at the garage sale.

Includes the following :-
    Sega Master System II
    2 x Control Pads Sega
    1 x WICO Command Control Joystick
    21 x Cartridges
    • Bubble Bobble
    • Ghost House
    • Castle of Illusion
    • My Hero
    • Paperboy
    • The New Zealand Story
    • Putt & Putter
    • Wonder Boy III - The Dragons Trap
    • Hang On
    • Populous
    • Superman - The Man of Steel
    • Lemmings
    • Sonic the Hedgehog
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    • Taito Chase HQ
    • Fantasy Zone the Maze
      World Grand Prix
    • Spy vs Spy
    • Rainbow Islands
    • Action Fighter
    • Marble Madness

Regards
    Pigsie

Where's the preschool at ? I'll come and buy it!

Long live sega!
    Snippy

Comment

Snippy,

Willunga, SA

Comment

I suppose I'd put the console with controllers at $10 and the games for $2 each, or alternatively put them all in a pack for about $20-25 seeing as these days you'd be hard pressed to find people wanting to buy them seperately (especially at a preschool yard sale)

Comment

Wack it on ebay for them! Check this master system II auction out

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SEGA-MASTER-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Originally posted by Jackpot
            Wack it on ebay for them! Check this master system II auction out

You have to be shitting me! There's no way that's got all the way up there without some kind of err, 'help' ?

Bummer on the SA , wish it was in melbourne. About 3 months ago I went to pull out my mastersystem from a cupboard in my parents back shed, there was a bloody ants nest inside of the console! it had all kinds of white crap all through the insides, I cleaned it the best I could but I doubt it'll work, also my power adapter has gone missing too. I must have about 25-30 games though (which I know is no big deal around this place, heh), I want another console to play em on.

Cheers,
            Snippy

Comment

what the hell?!?!

What a ridiculous price! I paid about $30 for one with a whole stack of games about 8 years ago from cashies, they're not exactly rare.. Surely they'd have come down in price rather than gone up..

Comment

Well have a look for yourself.. they are fetching a few bucks these days

http://videogames.listings.ebay.com....istingItemList

Alot of the bids look dodgey but who knows? the mysteries of ebay

Comment

WOOOOOO thats some serious shill bidding

Comment

SMS2 with controllers = $20 (a bit more if its the version with Sonic built in, but I take it that this one has Alex Kidd due to the Sonic cart)

Games = $5-10 each for most, $10-$15 each for Sonic 1, 2, WB3, Spy vs Spy

What would you want for the Bubble Bobble? I want that !!!!

EDIT: Just noticed that you were implying selling as one big lot. Dont expect people for reach in their pocket for more than $50 no matter how many games there are. Nature of the beast when it comes to SMS. Better off selling separate. the only type of game that wont sell is sports games and your lucky that you have none on that list.
                    ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

Originally posted by wrx2hot4u
                      WOOOOOO thats some serious shill bidding
                      There has to be somthing wrong here....

SMS 2 + 4 games = $91 ??? Are people going nuts? Maybe i should put some of mine up for sale!

Go and raide cash converters.. then flog them off on e-bay ;-)

The mind bogles...

Mrv...

Comment

Originally posted by Mrvfone
                        There has to be somthing wrong here....

SMS 2 + 4 games = $91 ??? Are people going nuts? Maybe i should put some of mine up for sale!

Go and raide cash converters.. then flog them off on e-bay ;-)

The mind bogles...

Mrv...
                        Thats one of eBay's systemic anomolies. It only takes 2 fools (or 1 fool and a seller gettin' shilly wit' it) to push up an auction.
                        The SMS2 used to sell new for $69 in the early 90's. So that a profit = LMAO
                        I got a boxed SMS1 for $35 at a local 2nd hand stealer

Crime convertors dont stock Sega hardware anymore, shy of the Dreamcast, which sells as soon as it hits the shelf.
                        ...maybe, but then again "maybe" covers a lot of things, like: maybe Michael Jackson really is LaToya in drag, or maybe if Dorothy clicks her heels 3 times and says "There's no place like home" while she is at home, she would telefrag herself..." - MadMikeAU

| My | |

Comment

Ah well,

If anyone knows of a 'second hand dealer' in melbourne, pawn broker or whatever I might be able to source a nes/snes/sega mastersystem from, let me know please!!!

I've tried cash converters, they only had ps1/gameboys, nothing older.. Also gamerush doesn't have anything either.

Dunno where else to look, cracker.com.au doesn't have any, nor does the tradingpost. It's my guess that people dont even bother trying to sell them as they think they're 'no good'.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Cheers,
                          Snippy.

Comment

Watch this space, mate. I will probably be thinning out my collection soon. These forums will get first dibs if I do.

| My | |

Comment

Originally posted by snippy
                              Ah well,

If anyone knows of a 'second hand dealer' in melbourne, pawn broker or whatever I might be able to source a nes/snes/sega mastersystem from, let me know please!!!

I've tried cash converters, they only had ps1/gameboys, nothing older.. Also gamerush doesn't have anything either.

Dunno where else to look, cracker.com.au doesn't have any, nor does the tradingpost. It's my guess that people dont even bother trying to sell them as they think they're 'no good'.

Anyway, if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Cheers,
                              Snippy.
                              I have some spare SNES consoles
                              Last edited by Virgil Tracy; 19th June 2006, 01:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X