Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Fat

Anyone else bought it? will be giving it a go tonight

No, but it may be the ice breaker to get a Wii in the house...

I'll keep an eye on this thread!

Comment

Yep I bought it today. $119 from JB Hifi.

The cheapest deal is for MyerOne members BUT the catch is you have to be a member AND spent $2000 in the last quarter to qualify for the offer. $109 plus Wii Fit Bag, Towell & Drink Bottle.

I probably won't use it tonight as I have a cold, but the missus will use it, so I will see it in action.

Comment

I am getting one today i pre orderd it.

Comment

arrived in the mail today from dstore.com.au
          In My "arcade":

-Gottlieb Stargate Pinball Machine 1995 () ()
          -U-turn candy dispensing machine ()

More to come!

Comment

Originally posted by coolspot View Post
            I am getting one today i pre orderd it.
            You're getting a fat?

Matthew

Comment

I belive there talking about the Wii Fit I don't see the point my self I have a complete home gym setup. But it seems like a good idea for those who dont have the room and arnt to serious about exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattp View Post
                I belive there talking about the Wii Fit
                Not according to the title of this thread

Matthew

Comment

This thing has always sounded like the over hyped accessory for early sega systems that simply had a noisless subwoofer on an overpriced backpack.

All hyped up, people paid a packet, then promptly shelved it.

I'll watch this space and the games made to utilise it before I consider it.

I'd love to see it combined with the Wiimotes for games like Antigrav (a PS2 eye toy title).
                  My Projects
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmworking247 View Post
                    This thing has always sounded like the over hyped accessory for early sega systems that simply had a noisless subwoofer on an overpriced backpack.

All hyped up, people paid a packet, then promptly shelved it.

I'll watch this space and the games made to utilise it before I consider it.

I'd love to see it combined with the Wiimotes for games like Antigrav (a PS2 eye toy title).
                    Heh, I have the guts of 2 of those 'Aura Interactors' Jaycar had at closeout years ago. Kind of like a dirty big speaker with a large metal slug instead of a speaker cone.

Mounted them in the sofa, didn't tell anyone. Fired up the DVD and scared the crap outta everyone

They're still around in a box somewhere... (but not an a shelf)

Comment

Hmm, sounds like they might actually have a use for a driving simulator for feedback without sound?
                      My Projects
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mattp View Post
                        I belive there talking about the Wii Fit I don't see the point my self I have a complete home gym setup. But it seems like a good idea for those who dont have the room and arnt to serious about exercise.
                        Yep, don't really have the room, and I get bored in a matter of minuites doing regular exercises.

Far as I understand it, there's nothing it does that you can't do without it, but, for people like me who get distracted from boring exercise easily and have always been a gamer, perhaps it will manage to capture my attention longer with the desire to beat high scores.......

who knows, but throwing a $120 wii fit into the corner to gather dust from no use is better than all those weight sets, treadmills, etc costing $1000s you see sitting in the corner of other peoples places. It's something to give a go.

Comment

Well my missus has been playing it for over half an hour, and she just put her gym gear on! She loves games, hates the gym but wants to do some sort of exercise - looks like a good compromise so far!!

Comment

yeah it's amazing how much more effort is possible to put in when there is a fun/competitive aspect to something. Just like when you're on the rowing simulator at the gym -- boring as shit, but if you turn on the little games where it shows you race a guy or have to dodge fishes etc. you get caught up in the game, and before you know it you've done 15km on the rowing ergo.
                            Fan of good aussie hard rock n' roll?
                            Check us out:

Comment

Well I've just done 1 hour on it, that's one hour "play" time, just over 2 hours elapsed, gone through once everything that's unlocked, except a couple of games that unlocked just as I was calling it quits for the night. It's made me feel tired and aching now....

My BMI is a massive 37 odd... on the good news I weighed in 5kg lighter than I expected, not that I've weighed myself recently, and 108.9kg isn't that light.

The Mrs wants to have a go, but can't for a while as she's just had some stitches from a minor opperation the other day.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X