Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Yep I bought it today. $119 from JB Hifi.

The cheapest deal is for MyerOne members BUT the catch is you have to be a member AND spent $2000 in the last quarter to qualify for the offer. $109 plus Wii Fit Bag, Towell & Drink Bottle.

I probably won't use it tonight as I have a cold, but the missus will use it, so I will see it in action.

I belive there talking about the Wii Fit :) I don't see the point my self I have a complete home gym setup. But it seems like a good idea for those who dont have the room and arnt to serious about exercise.

This thing has always sounded like the over hyped accessory for early sega systems that simply had a noisless subwoofer on an overpriced backpack.

All hyped up, people paid a packet, then promptly shelved it.

I'll watch this space and the games made to utilise it before I consider it.

I'd love to see it combined with the Wiimotes for games like Antigrav (a PS2 eye toy title).

This thing has always sounded like the over hyped accessory for early sega systems that simply had a noisless subwoofer on an overpriced backpack.

All hyped up, people paid a packet, then promptly shelved it.

I'll watch this space and the games made to utilise it before I consider it.

I'd love to see it combined with the Wiimotes for games like Antigrav (a PS2 eye toy title).

Heh, I have the guts of 2 of those 'Aura Interactors' Jaycar had at closeout years ago. Kind of like a dirty big speaker with a large metal slug instead of a speaker cone.

Mounted them in the sofa, didn't tell anyone. Fired up the DVD and scared the crap outta everyone :badgrin

They're still around in a box somewhere... (but not an a shelf:D)

I belive there talking about the Wii Fit :) I don't see the point my self I have a complete home gym setup. But it seems like a good idea for those who dont have the room and arnt to serious about exercise.

Yep, don't really have the room, and I get bored in a matter of minuites doing regular exercises.

Far as I understand it, there's nothing it does that you can't do without it, but, for people like me who get distracted from boring exercise easily and have always been a gamer, perhaps it will manage to capture my attention longer with the desire to beat high scores.......

who knows, but throwing a $120 wii fit into the corner to gather dust from no use is better than all those weight sets, treadmills, etc costing $1000s you see sitting in the corner of other peoples places. It's something to give a go.

Well my missus has been playing it for over half an hour, and she just put her gym gear on! She loves games, hates the gym but wants to do some sort of exercise - looks like a good compromise so far!!

yeah it's amazing how much more effort is possible to put in when there is a fun/competitive aspect to something. Just like when you're on the rowing simulator at the gym -- boring as shit, but if you turn on the little games where it shows you race a guy or have to dodge fishes etc. you get caught up in the game, and before you know it you've done 15km on the rowing ergo.

Well I've just done 1 hour on it, that's one hour "play" time, just over 2 hours elapsed, gone through once everything that's unlocked, except a couple of games that unlocked just as I was calling it quits for the night. It's made me feel tired and aching now....

My BMI is a massive 37 odd... on the good news I weighed in 5kg lighter than I expected, not that I've weighed myself recently, and 108.9kg isn't that light.

The Mrs wants to have a go, but can't for a while as she's just had some stitches from a minor opperation the other day.

I have seen this and thought, what is the point - you can exercise by taking a walk or running or going outside generally.

However each to their own.

I am wondering about what the point of the Wii really is.

It just seems to be one expensvie add - on gimic after another

And without a GTA IV release I think it is really going to hurt them in terms orf it being a a serious gaming machine

I have seen this and thought, what is the point - you can exercise by taking a walk or running or going outside generally.

And without a GTA IV release I think it is really going to hurt them in terms orf it being a a serious gaming machine

OK, as a Wii user and Wii Fit owner (for 1 day) I'll throw in a response to this:

Common sense will tell you that using Wii Fit is not a replacement for having a gym membership, outside activities, sport interests etc. I won't explain what I do for fitness and wellbeing, but Wii Fit seems it will be good at encouraging 20-30 minutes of gentle core balance exercise yoga type exercises. I used to do yoga at a gym, but getting to the classes became too much of a chore, and I had no motivation to purchase a DVD or book for home use. Last night my missus was playing it, and she actually got a reasonable workout out of it. I think Wii Fit can become a small yet important part of a fitness plan for many people. I agree it is better to get outside and do something - I agree with initiatives to get people active for 30 minutes a day - from a personal perspective, it's not always practical to get outside for 30 minutes by the time you can commit to it due to weather, being late in the evening, or you just feel like being at home. The Wii Fit seems to fill that gap quite well.

Don't forget other consoles have tries the fitness thing as well - Eye Toy Kinetic on PS2, and Fitness Yourself on PS2, XBox & PC.

I don't get where the "expensive add on" gimic comes from.

For example, you buy a PS3 you get one controller, you buy a Wii you get a Wii mote & nunchuck (lets call that one controller).

At most places the cost to get a PS3 dual shock six axis controller is the same as getting a Wiimote & nunchuck. By the way, I also own a PS3 and have been looking to buy a second controller.

Wii classic controller - not terribly expensive ($20-$30), and you can buy cheaper Gamecube Controllers if you want - these are required for some Virtual console games.

Wii Zapper - $50 inc Zelda Crossbow training. OK so its just a piece of plastic, and you need a Wiimote and nunchuck to use it. However, at that price, its worth it just for the Zelda game, I think its quite good. The Zapper arrangement works well too - a good alternative to a conventional lioght gun.

Wii Fit - The balance board is good quality, and unless you jump on it, will probably last a long time. The price for this is the same as PS3 Time Crisis 4 with a gun, seems fair to me (by the way, I also want PS3 Time Crisis 3).

You'll find all the other accessories (golf clubs, pool queues, tennis raquets, baseball bats, fishing rods) are third party peripherals, and a lot are not that great. I wouldn't bother with these. Stick with the stuff Nintendo makes.

"What is the point of the Wii" - Simple, its a great gaming console. Whilst I don't expect everybody to own one in preference to a PS3 or XBox 360, I always respond to these types of comments, as it may put off people who are considering buying a Wii.

Ok so the Wii is not going to have GTAIV - Whilst I am sure this is an awesome game (not my cup of tea though), in the same breath I could say PS3 & Xbox 360 will not have Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Theres always going to be fantastic games that are not released on all modern consoles.

So to wrap this up, my point is - all consoles are awesome. Some people will have preference to one, some will want them all. As per what I have said, I own a Wii and a PS3. I don't own an XBox 360, but I have nothing negative to say about it. However some of the recent live arcade releases (Rez, Ikarguga) a making me consider.......

BUT If I were to be on a desert island, the Wii would come with me. :)

When you leave for work by 7, get home after 8, going outside, even gym membership becomes impossible, find me a gym close to where I live open between 9pm and midnight. Isn't going to happen any time soon.

And the point of the Wii? Wii is a "Fun" console, not for serious games, great for relaxing.

Not having GTA4 going to hurt them? Has not having serious games like Halo or Gran Turismo stopped them out selling both the 360 & PS3? Not really.

OK, as a Wii user and Wii Fit owner (for 1 day) I'll throw in a response to this:

Common sense will tell you that using Wii Fit is not a replacement for having a gym membership, outside activities, sport interests etc. I won't explain what I do for fitness and wellbeing, but Wii Fit seems it will be good at encouraging 20-30 minutes of gentle core balance exercise yoga type exercises. I used to do yoga at a gym, but getting to the classes became too much of a chore, and I had no motivation to purchase a DVD or book for home use. Last night my missus was playing it, and she actually got a reasonable workout out of it. I think Wii Fit can become a small yet important part of a fitness plan for many people. I agree it is better to get outside and do something - I agree with initiatives to get people active for 30 minutes a day - from a personal perspective, it's not always practical to get outside for 30 minutes by the time you can commit to it due to weather, being late in the evening, or you just feel like being at home. The Wii Fit seems to fill that gap quite well.

Don't forget other consoles have tries the fitness thing as well - Eye Toy Kinetic on PS2, and Fitness Yourself on PS2, XBox & PC.

I don't get where the "expensive add on" gimic comes from.

For example, you buy a PS3 you get one controller, you buy a Wii you get a Wii mote & nunchuck (lets call that one controller).

At most places the cost to get a PS3 dual shock six axis controller is the same as getting a Wiimote & nunchuck. By the way, I also own a PS3 and have been looking to buy a second controller.

Wii classic controller - not terribly expensive ($20-$30), and you can buy cheaper Gamecube Controllers if you want - these are required for some Virtual console games.

Wii Zapper - $50 inc Zelda Crossbow training. OK so its just a piece of plastic, and you need a Wiimote and nunchuck to use it. However, at that price, its worth it just for the Zelda game, I think its quite good. The Zapper arrangement works well too - a good alternative to a conventional lioght gun.

Wii Fit - The balance board is good quality, and unless you jump on it, will probably last a long time. The price for this is the same as PS3 Time Crisis 4 with a gun, seems fair to me (by the way, I also want PS3 Time Crisis 3).

You'll find all the other accessories (golf clubs, pool queues, tennis raquets, baseball bats, fishing rods) are third party peripherals, and a lot are not that great. I wouldn't bother with these. Stick with the stuff Nintendo makes.

"What is the point of the Wii" - Simple, its a great gaming console. Whilst I don't expect everybody to own one in preference to a PS3 or XBox 360, I always respond to these types of comments, as it may put off people who are considering buying a Wii.

Ok so the Wii is not going to have GTAIV - Whilst I am sure this is an awesome game (not my cup of tea though), in the same breath I could say PS3 & Xbox 360 will not have Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Theres always going to be fantastic games that are not released on all modern consoles.

So to wrap this up, my point is - all consoles are awesome. Some people will have preference to one, some will want them all. As per what I have said, I own a Wii and a PS3. I don't own an XBox 360, but I have nothing negative to say about it. However some of the recent live arcade releases (Rez, Ikarguga) a making me consider.......

BUT If I were to be on a desert island, the Wii would come with me. :)

Good comparison and summary! Thanks

I used to do a bit of Yoga and really enjoyed it once I was motivated to get to a class. I might even buy Wiifit just for that.

Hopefully more people who develop home fitness DVD's will now look at making fitness games for the Wii.

How sturdy is the board, could you have a running game or is not designed for quick hard stomps?

How sturdy is the board, could you have a running game or is not designed for quick hard stomps?

The board is very sturdy, but it is not designed to run on. There is a game in Wii Fit where you hold the nunchuck and run on the spot though (not on the Wii Fit board).

I hope that a dedicated Yoga release comes out eventually. There are plenty of exercises in Wii Fit to keep you going for a while, but over a long period of time you may need more variety I reckon.

Nope no jumping or stomping on the board.

That said it's a good solid construction in my mind, but they say no jumping on the board (I expect they include stomping)

however they do have a running game, but for that you put the Wii mote in your pocket and it acts as a sort of pedomoter (sp?) you don't use the board at all for that one

its out??

Great just have to add it to my list of games i saving for

1 gta 4 (got)

2 mario kart wii(earned it but havn't got it)

3.CoD4

4wii fit (sorry i mean fat:D)

Good comparison and summary! Thanks

I used to do a bit of Yoga and really enjoyed it once I was motivated to get to a class. I might even buy Wiifit just for that.

Hopefully more people who develop home fitness DVD's will now look at making fitness games for the Wii.

just when i thought we had a finally put a stop to the wacky gene of our family to a side this comes along:lol:lol:lol:D:lol:lol:lol no ofenese intended just a joke

• 2 weeks later...

My Mrs bought Wii Fit, $110 from Kmart...

I very impressed with it, have done to sessions both at 30mins, and was enough just to start a sweat, and I consider myself pretty fit (have to for reserves)..

Impressive, with measuring your weight, BMI and balance.

Funny thing was when the Mrs had a go (she's 5-6 month pregnant) it did the measurements, and basically told her she's obese, then her Mii character starts bloating out and gets fat... LOL classic...!

Funny thing was when the Mrs had a go (she's 5-6 month pregnant) it did the measurements, and basically told her she's obese, then her Mii character starts bloating out and gets fat... LOL classic...!

Yeah thats funny, and a bit depressing at the same time!!!!