Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS2 compilation discs - great for cab setup

Hey guys,

In my south east asian travels last month I found a few PS2 compilation discs that I plan to use in my PS2 cab install once finished. Mostly fighting and stuff, the discs are as follows.

CAPCOM 5 - in - 1
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2 Remix
    Capcom Vs SNK 2
    Street Fighter Anniversary (SF3: 3rd Strike and SF2: Hyper Fighting)
    Capcom Fighting Evolution

10 in 1 Fighting
    One Piece
    Rumble Fish
    Unknown SNK Jap game
    Zatchbell
    Dragon Ball Z
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2
    Capcom Vs SNK 2
    Dead or Alive 2
    Spectral Vs Generation
    Guilty Gear X

11 in 1 Sky Shooting
    Ibara
    Mushinimesama
    Spyvariar
    Gunbird
    Trizeal
    Raiden 3
    Espgaluda
    Gradius V
    DoDonPachi
    Homura
    Contra Shattered Soldier

Metal Slug Anthology (I think this is a real game, all 7 MSlugs anyway)

Havent tested EVERYTHING yet, but all seems to be in order and everything seems to work from what i've tried.

If anyone would like to make a copy of these or anything (and of course you already own all these games and just want the convenience of a compilation ) give us a bell.
    Fan of good aussie hard rock n' roll?
    Check us out:

Mate that sounds great, wonder how they fit on a dvd pm sent!

Comment

At first I was very sceptical, made the Thai girl to agree to give me a refund if they didn't work once they arrived (you order it in store, she makes a call, then a runner comes 15min later with the discs).

I booted it up on her TV and went into Cap Vs Snk 2, and the character sprites looked TERRIBLE, like chunky as ****, so I figured they must've fit them all on by downsampling all the spirtes and animation (would be a helluva lot of work, or maybe not even possible to decompile/recompile).

Once I got them home and gave them a burl, all the games look perfect. The problem in Thailand was that they were running on a shit quality widescreen LCD TV at 480i. I think between the digitisation/stretching/upscaling and the fact that it was a shit TV just ruined it. Played them on a good old 80cm CRT tele, looks a treat.

Funny how on a "better" display, they end up looking far far worse.
      Check us out:

Comment

Do the Shooters on PS2 have an option, like DC to run on a vertical monitor?
        sigpic

Comment

Ill check that out now, would be a pretty lazy effort if they didn't...

IBARA - YES: Rotate Right or Left
          Mushinimesama - YES: Rotate right of left
          Espagaludea - YES: Rotate right or left

Well I've got to head out, but 3 out of 3 so far, pretty good indication, I'd say most can do it.
          Last edited by gints; 25th February 2008, 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          Check us out:

Comment

Shoot em ups compile looks good. Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway, will these play on a standard PS2?
            "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

no unfortunately they won't
              Check us out:

Comment

Cheers to Gints who came over and was kind enough to le me take backups of these, yet to try out, I've run out of DVDs

Comment

ive downloaded compilation like that from blackcats i think one of the users over there made them and it looks like they have reached asia. They are good compilations there are quite a few others about including one for gun games.

Comment

whats the mvsc2 remix?
                    im guessing its just a music hack?

Comment

Originally posted by Savage View Post
                      Cheers to Gints who came over and was kind enough to le me take backups of these, yet to try out, I've run out of DVDs
                      Not a problem, those awesome pins made my day Also I think I left those KOF Cab stickers there...maybe next time
                      Check us out:

Comment

Originally posted by XiTaU View Post
                        ive downloaded compilation like that from blackcats i think one of the users over there made them and it looks like they have reached asia. They are good compilations there are quite a few others about including one for gun games.
                        OK have you got the gun games one???

Very interested if you have. So far I have for the PS2

Time Crisis 3, End Game, and Vampire Nights as well as Ghoul Panic and Time Crisis 1 from the PS1..

Always looking for the other shooting games.

From memory I still need Ninja Assault, Time Crisis 2 and Time Crisis 4, Gun Com, there are others but I forget at the moment...

Comment

i dont have it but i have all the games on the collection its just time crisis 2,3 and crisis zone.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                          Working...
                          X