Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Time to buy a PS4?

It's looking pretty fine, and even though it's being made episodic it'll be amazing to visit again. I don't think there's any word on specific length per episode yet, but stuff I've seen suggests they're expanding things pretty substantially - I think the first part is all the Midgar stuff up until you escape it, but that's only stuff I've heard on Giant Bomb's coverage of the gameplay they went hands on with so IDK for sure.

pricing point seems good value. It's about 1/2 way through its life cycle so still about 5 years of titles will be released if the PS3 is anything to go by. There's plenty of 2nd hand disc based games available.

Big has consoles bundles in their toy catalogue sale

I bought a PS4 last year and have enjoyed quite a few games, Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, Spider-Man, Days Gone, and currently playing God of War.

Also looking forward to The Last of Us 2 whenever that comes out.

I bought a PS4 last year and have enjoyed quite a few games, Uncharted 4 + Lost Legacy, Spider-Man, Days Gone, and currently playing God of War.

Also looking forward to The Last of Us 2 whenever that comes out.

Red dead redemption 2 is really good too!

• Administrators
Stuff isn't crap.

When you have, you have.

When you don't , you don't.

I enjoy all my old consoles and toys, the PS4 is just the greatest media centre there is at present.

Crap is what the Mrs calls it.

If you haven't bought a ps4 yet I'd wait for the ps5, I reckon that will come out early next year in a FF7 collectors pack, and it's meant to be backwards compatible so no need to buy the ps4 for other awesome titles it holds.

apart of me thinks ff7 and tlou2 will get both ps4 and ps5 versions even though ps5 is rumoured to be backwards compatible with ps4 titles.

They have already announced both death stranding and the last of us pt2 will be released on both consoles and pretty ff7 now too.

If you haven't bought a ps4 yet I'd wait for the ps5, I reckon that will come out early next year in a FF7 collectors pack, and it's meant to be backwards compatible so no need to buy the ps4 for other awesome titles it holds.

I guess we can expect 4K re-releases of PS4 games as well.

I haven't investigated it fully yet, but if the battle system is anything like a lot of modern JRPGs, it won't be fully real time, but more real time movement and positioning with an action point skill recharge system.

Xenoblade 2 on Switch did this really well, so I am hoping FFVII pulls it off also. I love static, turn based combat, but I also love battle systems that mix it up a bit more.