Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Link's Awakening Remake

Nintendo have announced a remake of Link's Awakening for the Switch, looks pretty similar to A Link Between Worlds:

https://au.ign.com/articles/2019/02/14/the-legend-of-zelda-links-awakening-remake-for-nintendo-switch-announced

The original is one of the best games ever, but that had a lot to do with how well it worked within the Game Boy's limitations. I'm not convinced that updated graphics and sound can actually improve the game (in fact, it will probably be detrimental), so hopefully they add something to the gameplay (maybe a Dark World/Subrosia type area?) to make it worth playing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I am up to dungeon 7 and I am bloody loving it. It's been a heap of fun, but I never played the original.

It did inspire me to go and dig out my Gameboy Light and my copy of the original cart though. I have a stack of Gameboys and games as part of my console collection.

My wife loved the original Gameboy version when she was a kid, so she is playing it on Gameboy while I play the remake on Switch.

If you like Zelda games, buying it is a no-brainer IMO. The graphic style is gorgeous and the tried and true Zelda format always holds up.