Apple II Platinum International NTSC 50 to 60HTZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
    I'll grab a couple as well for spares go halves on postage if you like.
    Just went to the site and selected 4 and shipping went up to $25USD. This is crazy. These things weigh like nothing at all. I have messaged the seller. Will wait to hear back from him first before ordering.

Comment

Finally got the crystals from the US. Installed. Working on my CRT but not on my LCD's. Anyway we do have colour now and I can show the apple "experts" that you can get colour on a pal machine.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20190801_164054_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	1851800Click image for larger version

Name:	20190801_164104_resized.jpg
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	1851801

Comment

Originally posted by mamejay View Post
        Finally got the crystals from the US. Installed. Working on my CRT but not on my LCD's. Anyway we do have colour now and I can show the apple "experts" that you can get colour on a pal machine.
        https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=151286https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=151287
        Technically its not Pal Good work mate, now [MENTION=14297]palindrome[/MENTION] can do the same.

Comment

That's awesome. It doesn't look like I'm ever going to get my Apple Color Monitor fixed ( impossible to get a flyback for it, even all the replacements are discontinued ) and I'm going to dispose of it.

It's going to look wonderful on my 1084S or the PVM.
          [MENTION=585]mamejay[/MENTION]

Was the seller willing to negotiate on the shipping ?

$25 is a bit steep for a couple of crystals.

Comment

Originally posted by palindrome View Post
            That's awesome. It doesn't look like I'm ever going to get my Apple Color Monitor fixed ( impossible to get a flyback for it, even all the replacements are discontinued ) and I'm going to dispose of it.

It's going to look wonderful on my 1084S or the PVM.
            [MENTION=585]mamejay[/MENTION]

Was the seller willing to negotiate on the shipping ?

$25 is a bit steep for a couple of crystals.
            Wouldn't budge on shipping. Bought a few as a couple of people asked me to grab extra. Worked out $15 each landed.
            Not sure if this will work in a 1084 Amiga monitor as I believe they might only be pal.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Any interesting marking on the package ?

Seller does not mention the brand.

I did try a FOX 14.31818MHz crystal through an NTSC TV and I got no colour a couple of years ago. I have a thought to try these again in my PVM.

Comment

This is what is on the chip. See if you can source them

Comment

Originally posted by palindrome View Post
                  Any interesting marking on the package ?

Seller does not mention the brand.

I did try a FOX 14.31818MHz crystal through an NTSC TV and I got no colour a couple of years ago. I have a thought to try these again in my PVM.
                  Your best bet is to grab a slot 7 PAL card off ebay if you want to run your apple on the 1084s. I see them come up all the time, I should have grabbed one myself.

Comment

Your best bet is to grab a slot 7 PAL card off ebay if you want to run your apple on the 1084s. I see them come up all the time, I should have grabbed one myself.
                    If you see any come up let me know mate. Have checked sold listings and cannot see any.

Comment

They're available from mouser and digikey.

ECS-143-S-1 or ECS-143-S-1X. ESR is 25 ohms.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en?...ds=ECS-143-S-1

Not sure which to get so I'll get both. ( HC-49U and HC-49UX ).

No way to get around the expensive shipping but at least the crystals themselves are cheap

The colour encoder cards don't seem to have the best picture though, from what I remember.

Comment

If you see any come up let me know mate. Have checked sold listings and cannot see any.
                        There hasn't been any recently but I check the listings most days and for awhile there was several after market ones on there. They'll come up again no doubt.

Comment

I did see one for sale on eBay recently for around $90 within the last 2 months.

Not sure why I can't see it in recently viewed items or completed listings.

Comment

This is what is on the chip. See if you can source themhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a2f4d294eb.jpg

So I got them today. ECS-143-S-1X are the correct ones from digikey as pictured above

Installed it but still no colour on the PVM and LCD. The LCD thinks the signal is PAL, very strange. IOU is 344-0022 rev A.

PVM handles handles the colour signals from my stock NTSC Atari 800 fine. Has me scratching my head...

Hey mate. I got the crystal and installed it. I get the screen flicker with colour at times. I have read about soldering triangle solder pads together and breaking the circle solder pads to make it NTSC.
                            Did you have to do that?
                            Did you have to do this to get yours working ?

Comment

Hell yeah, colour on my IIe! Thanks for getting this for me [MENTION=585]mamejay[/MENTION].

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4338.jpg
Size:	314.3 KB
ID:	1851947Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4339.jpg
Size:	285.5 KB
ID:	1851948
                              Last edited by darkjedi; 7th August 2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkjedi View Post
                                Hell yeah, colour on my IIe! Thanks for getting this for me [MENTION=585]mamejay[/MENTION].

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=151649https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=151650
                                Awesome. Can you do me a favor? Can you try this out on a LCD TV and let me know if you get colour? Have only had luck on the one and only CRT TV I have left.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X