No announcement yet.

Monitor fell over..now it wont work ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor fell over..now it wont work ???

The kids accidently pushed the 22 inch monitor over..it fell forward onto the

keyboard....now it wont work....just a blank , black screen.

Anyone know what might be wrong with it ?

Seems a bit strange ....or are LCDs that fragile ??

john

shouldnt really be that fragile
    i wonder if its a power issue
    sigpic

Comment

Any power on light at all...?

Comment

I didnt check the power on light ...will check tomorrow

And talking about power issues...they said that the entire house blacked out when it fell over .....might it have shorted something inside with the bump ??

john

Comment

AD insurance?
          The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

does it look like this:

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin
              does it look like this:

What is that .......looks like a painting by the dude that did BLUE POLES

john

Comment

Originally posted by lexmark View Post
                What is that .......looks like a painting by the dude that did BLUE POLES

john

That's what a smashed LCD looks like.

so... do you have Accidental Damage insurance?
                The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour
                  so... do you have Accidental Damage insurance?
                  Not sure on that one ? ...I have contents insurance....have to have a look at the policy to see if it will cover this sort of thing.

Anyway, seems that there is no power to the unit that fell over...is there anything I can do to fix that problem ?, do these things have fuses in them ...or some other consumable part that I can replace, to get it going again ?

So what I'm saying is.....how do I troubleshoot it ?

Not a big deal...but would be a pitty to throw it out if it's an easy fix .

john

Comment

Where are you located, someone might be able to help you if you're nearby?
                    "And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside,
                    far above the clouds, and nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sounds of Tubular Bells"

Comment

You could unplug it, place a multimeter (on Ohms scale) across the 240AC plug and operate the power button.
                      If it stays OC, it could be cord, switch or fuse.
                      If the resistance changes it could be more serious within the power supply.
                      Personally, I would take the back off and see if anything has fallen out, unseated, etc..

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
                      does it look like this:
                      Might use that as a screensaver
                      Last edited by arcadus; 9th July 2010, 10:31 AM. Reason: Auto Merged Double Post.
                      EM score motors wanted: nonworking or working
                      Sega Sub Roc 3D periscope mech. needed except motors.
                      Wanted, Mitsubishi 60" RP (vs 6041) complete TV gun assembly. (R Proj TV/monitors and parts taken away).
                      Take Five pinball machine PCB wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                        Where are you located, someone might be able to help you if you're nearby?

NO ONE is close to me..I live on King Island....it's between victoria and Tasmania

Originally posted by arcadus
                        You could unplug it, place a multimeter (on Ohms scale) across the 240AC plug and operate the power button.
                        If it stays OC, it could be cord, switch or fuse.
                        If the resistance changes it could be more serious within the power supply.
                        Personally, I would take the back off and see if anything has fallen out, unseated, etc..

OK...will give that a go ...didn't even think to use the multimeter.

I will also look inside ...I got as far as decasing it the other night ...but didn't go any further .

john

Comment

Originally posted by lexmark View Post
                          NO ONE is close to me..I live on King Island....it's between victoria and Tasmania

How nice..!

How's the names on King Island; Pear Shape, Grassy, Egg Lagoon, etc..! Would be a beautiful place for sure.

'Back on track'

Comment

Originally posted by WOKA
                            How nice..!

How's the names on King Island; Pear Shape, Grassy, Egg Lagoon, etc..! Would be a beautiful place for sure.

Yeah...not a bad spot for a relaxing few days holiday out of the rat race

john

Comment

Further investigation has found that one of the capacitor legs, on the solder side of the PS board has shorted out against the metal back of the display panel ( both are burnt )...like there was a zap of power .

So...should I just order another power supply board from Acer ??...or might there be other problems ??

john

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X