TOUCH SCREEN PCS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOUCH SCREEN PCS

anyone that bought one of these got it going yet? if so, what processor did you use?

MJDOZ got his going. Mine's now going too. I used a P4 (3Ghz I think) from my old Linux server.

Only have 256mb of RAM at present though. Will have to trawl through all the old PCs at work for more.
    "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

so what is it a prescott socket 468?

Comment

i have tried a 1.8gz and a 2.8gz for jack crap. did you hook up a cd drive as well david (to that really thin ribbon (a laptop cd drive?)

Comment

Dont tell me they are all duds.

Whats that old saying

If it sounds too good to be true, then......

Comment

Ah! I forgot to say that you'll need to replace the 3V CR2032 coin cell for the cmos. Mine was down to 0.5V ! I did have weirdness before that. I'm typing this on the touch screen PC now.

I used a used laptop DVD drive without it's front bezel to install on mine. I didn't have any real luck using a double header IDE ribbon with the HDD and a normal sized DVD drive.

I only have 256mb of ram ATM and have had two BSOD but that may be due to the old HDD I threw in it. I've saved an image of the HDD to my network (using the free Seagate version of Acronis) in case I need to replace the drive.

The only other problem I've had is several Windows Update items failing to install but I suspect that's due to the miniscule amount of RAM installed!
            "Everyone's always in favour of saving Hitler's brain. But when you put it in the body of a great white shark, ooohh! Suddenly you've gone too far!"

Comment

i tried a 1.7 gig CPU and all i get is "no signal" when booting up. The battery wouldn't be the cause surly?

Comment

its an intel 865 motherboard and from what i managed to google its only good for cpus 2.6ghz up. but will check cmos batt now thanks david.

Comment

Looks like we need to scare up a supply of ram and cpu's now!

I'll buy the screens from anyone for $50 if they don't want them any more!

Comment

Ive got 4 for sale @ $150 each

Comment

i have a 1.8 468 cpu with heatsink and fan here with some ram sticks

enough for a jukesetup
                      you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

Comment

What touch screen PC's are you guys talking about?

Edit - Never mind, find the info here at post #10 and beyond. Guess I am too late

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthre...t=touch+screen

If anyone wants to sell 1 or more for what they paid or trade for something (NOS 21" Toshiba VGA gaming CRT and chassis??, arcade controls, etc) let me know.
                        Last edited by Claude; 1st February 2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

I put a P4 - 3.0 CPU in mine and it would post and then reset.. A P4 2.8 works just fine - so far..

Comment

damn. I missed this one DOH.
                            Why do programmers get Christmas and Hallowe'en mixed up?
                            A: Because Oct(31) = Dec(25)

Comment

I just got mine in the post today (thanks Woka!!!!) I'm going to try and boot it momentarily (just installing 2.8ghz and some memory, and a temporary 40gb hdd)
                              My Projects
                              sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X