Trying to find info on a mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find info on a mobo

So I want to put some extra ram and such into my pc. Unfortunatly, its a prebuilt so I have no idea what ram mhz is compatable. The motherboard model is
    MS-7284
    Its an acer with the model of the pc being an AcerPower SK55.
    Just wanting to know whats the fastest ram it can have in it. It has 2 sticks of DDR2 but just wanting to know if i can go faster then 550mhz :S

Also, is there an exact way to figure out what the correct model of processor i have?
    It is either:
    http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=27521
    or
    http://ark.intel.com/cpu.aspx?groupId=27520

Just wondering which one i have. Only thing i know is my processor runs at 3.4ghz.

oops
    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
    if your new to electronics and

Comment

huh?

Comment

open up case, look at ram < if you cant identify, pull out ram and look for sticker, if you stil cant identify, take photo and post
        sigpic

Comment

I know what ram is in there now. There are two sticks of........ 1gig 550hz ram. Acer brand

Comment

oh sorry i misread
            its probably 533
            unless you are overclocking, you probably won't notice a huge difference putting in faster ram
            sigpic

Comment

yea, that would be it. The program i used to check it said 533 but people have said its buggy before so rounded up just incase. So shoving 2 512mb 533mhz ram shouldnt show any real difference to 800mhz seeing as im not oc'ing?

Comment

If your mobo is only suitable for 533Mhz RAM, then any faster RAM that you plug in will get 'slowed' down to the MOBO's max speed..

Meanwhile, click on 'START'

Then 'RUN'

In the RUN box type 'DXDIAG'

This might give you some useful information to ponder.

Comment

didnt really give me any info woka. The only stuff that applied to my question i already knew from system/device manager. Thanks anyway. I knew bout the slowing but was wondering if i had a max of 800mhz or something. Its only gonna cost a few extra dollars to get 800mhz or 600mhz sticks so might just get them and that should awnser my question ;D

Comment

DDR2-800 should be cheaper anyway, I would have thought.

Comment

SIW is a great little tool give that a bash for all info on the pc it also shows saves passwords and your product keys
                      http://www.download3k.com/SIW/Downlo...e-siw.exe.html
                      The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                      Working...
                      X