Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

weird firefox error

I am having to post this from IE as i am sick of the bug in firefox. Basically what happens is say im on my homepage (google.com) and i press in the search box. I will be able to type in something and press search fine. But if i want to click on file or edit or anything like that i have to swap to another program such as itunes then swap back and then i can use file and stuff but once i do that to click on any content within the website i have to do the same swapping thing. I have done a re-install of firefox and that didnt fix the problem. Any ideas?

Do you have any strange or out of date plugins? What version of plugins like Flash and Java are you running?

In the location bar type about:plugins to see a list of installed plugins. Also click Help -> Check for Updates and see if anything comes up.

--final--

Fixed it. Just did a system restore to tuesday

--edit--

Ok, just tried the plugin thing and no dice. still was doing it. Tried portable and it did the exact same thing. Im guessing a format might be in order

--original--

tried safe mode before i made this post, forgot to add it :P safe mode didnt work. When i get home in about 2 hrs i will disable all plugins and see if that fixes it. Forgot about checking portable firefox. Its really weird, this whole thing happened yesterday when i plugged in a second usb mouse to check that it worked. Was one i got for my mum from deal extreme and wanted to test it before she picked it up

Edited by opm881

• Administrators

the only time I've seen these errors is when FF is updated and installed plugins are not compatible. The other guys are right, your best disabling all plugins and then turning then back on 1 x 1 until you find the culprit.

Also try updating them all first. They're usually a day or more behind the later releases.

Brad