Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

I just re-connected the GF's desktop computer.

Its a Compaq Presario

Celeron 2.6GHZ

When I turn it on , the stand-by light near the power button flashes quickly , and also theres another led on the power supply that flashes as well.

Nothing else happens.

Its been a while since we used it .. i think it mightve been fried in a storm , as we leave the comps on all the time.

Could it be just a stuffed power supply ? or something more ?

P.S. - i DO have power filters on my comps now .. dunno why i didnt have it hooked up when we had the comps in the other room. :unsure

could be a power supply.... my psu for one of my p4 machines dies the other week... the hdd lights would come on... and that was it.. no beeps nada... i thought the worst, lucky for me.

also check the mobo and look at the tops of the caps and see if any are leaking

http://www.asti-usa.com/support/appnotes/65/2.jpg

here is a photo of leaking capicators

You may find that the flashes are giving you a error code. eg. two long flashes followed by four quick flashes = error code 24 etc..

If this is the case it will tell you whats wrong straight away (you just have to find out what the error code means :P )

Personally I would remove all but the essential components (mobo, cpu, hard drive, ram, video card) re-seat the ram and video, try a different power supply. and see how that goes :)