Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Can Last Starfighter run on R Pi

Just wondering if any of R Pi gurus would be able to tell me if it's possible to run The Last Starfighter game on a Raspberry Pi.

I'd like to know if it's an option instead of running it on a PC.

Link to game download here...

http://www.roguesynapse.com/games/last_starfighter/Starfighter.zip

Rogue Synapse site:

http://www.roguesynapse.com/games/last_starfighter.php

Edited by Kaizen

hey mate just had a play around to see if it would work, but it looks to be a pc exe game not a rom which is much easier to play on raspberry pi, some pc games can be played through retropi but require extra software downloads which from a quick search look to be something you have to pay for. I also noticed that you have to install the game and add fonts for correct text to be displayed so not sure if this would be possible on the Pi even if you managed to set it up and get running. Im no expert so you may get someone that has an easy way to set up on the Pi. best of luck.

You would need to have a version of the game made for native Linux.

There is another option though, many people have installed windows 7 and run successfully in a Pi. Then you *may* be able to run the game. I might be able to check this out for you - I'm sure there's probably an SD card pi image for windows floating around the net. will have a look.

Edit: looks like running WINE on the pi would be the easiest way to do it. WINE is a program for Linux which lets you run x86 apps. The Pi definitely has the grunt to run the last starfighter, i'm running Starblade at full speed on my Pi3 B+ under Adv Mame.

Edited by Jed