Forza 4 - Online Racing with other AA'ers

Collapse

Discussion about online gaming.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we want to do this? Setup an online league and have scheduled races or just some kind of ad-hoc "when we can" kind dealio?

Comment

Originally posted by simedog View Post
      How do we want to do this? Setup an online league and have scheduled races or just some kind of ad-hoc "when we can" kind dealio?
      A scheduled league is a good idea - I've never done that before in Forza 4 though, only tried online a few times and I got caned !

Do you know how it's done ?

Comment

I'm not sure if you can set up anything formal. I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is just create a league, get everyone to join, choose dates and times and tracks etc etc and just hope those in the league and race when it's scheduled. That's my guess. PistolPete and I have had a few online battles and it's good times for sure.

Things to decide on:
        - Online community name (with Forza4) and the unique 4 letter/digit code to identify it *note this cannot be changed once set but the league name can be*
        - Interested parties to join league
        - Decide on race schedule, dates/times, tracks, # of laps, class of car etc etc

That's a start at least.

Comment

Originally posted by simedog View Post
          I'm not sure if you can set up anything formal. I'm pretty sure the best thing to do is just create a league, get everyone to join, choose dates and times and tracks etc etc and just hope those in the league and race when it's scheduled. That's my guess. PistolPete and I have had a few online battles and it's good times for sure.

Things to decide on:
          - Online community name (with Forza4) and the unique 4 letter/digit code to identify it *note this cannot be changed once set but the league name can be*
          - Interested parties to join league
          - Decide on race schedule, dates/times, tracks, # of laps, class of car etc etc

That's a start at least.
          Cool, thanks for the info.

I'll setup a league, and get back with detail here shortly.

Comment

Forget Forza 4 on Xbox, we need GT5 on PS3

Comment

If we can do it I'm in still haven't tried gt5 with the g27 :/
              Signature? Hmmm.....

Comment

I don't have Forza 4 or an XBox Live account (you need this play others online don't you?)

I might have got get in on this.... I hardly use the 360, I really should make use of it I guess Are you allowed to bump other cars into the wall and jump when your speed is over 100mph in Forza? if so then you are all in a lot of trouble

Comment

Spacies, I'm down for some GT5 PS3 action. I'm RiotOfViolence on PSN. PistolPete is a sook. hahaha

John73, you have to have an XBox Live GOLD account to play online. A regular silver account will not allow online play. MS = pay to play. Forza4 allows plenty of bumping and you can configure damage impact levels.. I think you'll dig it.

Comment

Originally posted by spacies View Post
                    Forget Forza 4 on Xbox, we need GT5 on PS3
                    Do people still use PS3? wow I didn't realise

Just about to fire up the cocktail machine for some Berzerk with breakfast

John if you do get online post your XBL username here as I'm setting the league up this weekend. Forza 4 is pretty awesome, I think you'll find it much more fun + accessible than iRacing, heaps better graphically too.

EDIT: How would tuesday night be for league racing ? Tuesday being a bit of a nothing day in the week, lets make it a something day!
                    Last edited by Jed; 25 August 2012, 11:55 AM.

Comment

UPDATE:

Have created a car club, and sent invites to everyone to join it. Once you have joined the car club, we can then setup races etc.

Was only able to successfully send invites to about half the people who have supplied gamer tags, Forza was telling me others haven't played Forza4 yet ?

So name of the Car Club is: AA League

4-Digit Tag: aafz

If anyone has mates they want to ask to join the club feel free, I have setup the club to receive requests for invites too, so AA guys and friends can all play. Just give anyone you want to invite the 4 digit tag aafz

Apparantly not only can we setup races etc with members of the AA League club, but we can also share cars etc once the club is created. Even race as a club, against other clubs in the Forza world.

Look forward to seeing this club grow and some good racing !

Comment

For those already into Forza, what level are you guys at? I think I'm at 53 and have quite a few cars in the F4 garage now that I can share. Not sure if I'll be able to manage "regular" meet ups - between work, life (wife and 2 little kids) and a website to run, I play when I can... and it's almost never before 9:30p/10pm at night EST.

Comment

Originally posted by Jammasized View Post
                          I think you'll find it much more fun + accessible than iRacing, heaps better graphically too.
                          I reckon your spot on jamma, iracing is for professionals only Id join, but alas I have no xbox

Comment

I tried iracing. Shit it is hard. I need some practice with wheel before I do much else.

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
                              I reckon your spot on jamma, iracing is for professionals only Id join, but alas I have no xbox
                              I even spent money on joining iRacing too but it is too much of a 'sim' for me, punishing / unforgiving, when compared to the fun factor of other racers I have played, I think Forza 4 strikes probably the best balance I have tried between sim and fun.

Must admit I only gave iRacing a few hours though and haven't tried since, that makes me pretty unforgiving too I s'pose

Am currently quite addicted to an amazing track on Forza 4 called 'Fujimi Kaido' 16 kilometers of mountainous track under Mt Fuji, 'The Japanese Nordschleife' I like to call it, what a blast.

Comment

I did enjoy iRacing - but yeah, too "real" for me. I don't have the time to learn it unfortunately, when I win the lotto and don't work to distract me I may get back into iRacing.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, is there anyway I can get my Logitech G27 to work on the Xbox? I'm more than happy to just use the Xbox controller if it works okay with Forza.

Still not sure if I'll get into this - might just hire out Forza from Blockbuster and see if I like it first before forking out for online play.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X