• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John73 View Post
    Signed up.

Download game 269mb
    Update content 1gb

30mins of playing and I've decided that a game pad is impossible to play with, off to JB for one of their finest, cheapest steering wheels today
    Knew it wouldn't take long for you to figure that out.

Comment

Signed up.

Download game 269mb
      Update content 1gb

30mins of playing and I've decided that a game pad is impossible to play with, off to JB for one of their finest, cheapest steering wheels today
      Did you give the keyboard a shot?
      Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

Originally posted by wingtipvortex View Post
        Knew it wouldn't take long for you to figure that out.
        Actually I've got the game pad setup half decent now and it's a lot easier Only about 8 seconds off the pace, not bad for a crap driver like myself, never been much good at racing sims... but lots of fun

Comment

Just notice that catch of the day has the G27 for $208.

Just thought I would let you know

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by Manta View Post

Fracken bargain considering they have a RRP of $499......id jump on that John. Playing iracing without a wheel and pedals is like rollerblading without rollerblades!

Comment

Fracken bargain considering they have a RRP of $499......id jump on that John. Playing iracing without a wheel and pedals is like rollerblading without rollerblades!
              Soon as I have some spare bucks I'll look at doing it. I'll keep playing with the controller for the moment which I don't find too bad.

Had a couple of games today, some very bad, but the last one was way better even if I did come last Had a good tussle with the guy in 2nd last place

I don't think that my driving speed (clocking around 1:10:00) has to do with the controller, more to do with ability mainly and possibly to do with how I had the car set up - I haven't modified it at all, just driving the MX-5 around Okayama.

Tried the oval circuits a bit today also, but no matter how careful I try to be, someone always ends up running up my arse

I'll be on again tonight having another race or two, got a headset for Skype, but the bloody sound card mic input isn't working, will have to look at that tomorrow

Comment

Soon as I have some spare bucks I'll look at doing it. I'll keep playing with the controller for the moment which I don't find too bad.

Had a couple of games today, some very bad, but the last one was way better even if I did come last Had a good tussle with the guy in 2nd last place

I don't think that my driving speed (clocking around 1:10:00) has to do with the controller, more to do with ability mainly and possibly to do with how I had the car set up - I haven't modified it at all, just driving the MX-5 around Okayama.

Tried the oval circuits a bit today also, but no matter how careful I try to be, someone always ends up running up my arse

I'll be on again tonight having another race or two, got a headset for Skype, but the bloody sound card mic input isn't working, will have to look at that tomorrow
                On the ovals, look at getting in on some practice sessions and try to follow along behind a driver for a bit. Save the replay of a session with a fast runner and watch their run from the cockpit. You can then pick up alot on their braking points, where they get back on the gas etc.
                Hindsight is always in high definition!

C64anabalt: 9647m

Comment

We all drive the MX5 with standard set up, no modification at all. From memory, i don't think there is much you can do but change tire pressure any way with the MX5. As for a 1:10 lap, i had a friend of mine who has never played before pull 1:05 within 5 laps.....and he aint no gamer/racer. I think the pad is holding you back considerably mate.
                  Is your pad analog for steering,brake and throttle?

Comment

We all drive the MX5 with standard set up, no modification at all. From memory, i don't think there is much you can do but change tire pressure any way with the MX5. As for a 1:10 lap, i had a friend of mine who has never played before pull 1:05 within 5 laps.....and he aint no gamer/racer. I think the pad is holding you back considerably mate.
                    Is your pad analog for steering,brake and throttle?
                    It's a Logitech F710, so if you mean can a break/steer throttle/steer at the same time, yes, it's no problem.

I'll probably join in the 8pm race, so I may see you. Then I might try Knights suggestion and watch a replay from the winners vehicle.

I suspect the problem might be my breaking (too early) and not downshifting enough maybe

Comment

It's a Logitech F710, so if you mean can a break/steer throttle/steer at the same time, yes, it's no problem.

I'll probably join in the 8pm race, so I may see you. Then I might try Knights suggestion and watch a replay from the winners vehicle.

I suspect the problem might be my breaking (too early) and not downshifting enough maybe
                      "break/steer throttle/steer at the same time" not so much if you can do that, but from the race i sat in watching you, it seemed like it was a digital controller not analog? Go into your options menu and turn on the racing line mate, its a great guide to see where you can improve on lap times You'll get there, just practice, practice, practice! When you get your Skype working, we can give you pointers in real time.....very handy indeed.

Comment

"break/steer throttle/steer at the same time" not so much if you can do that, but from the race i sat in watching you, it seemed like it was a digital controller not analog? Go into your options menu and turn on the racing line mate, its a great guide to see where you can improve on lap times You'll get there, just practice, practice, practice! When you get your Skype working, we can give you pointers in real time.....very handy indeed.
                        Cheers. I do want to try a racing wheel, but funds are really tight at the moment I've got the racing line turned on, and it has helped a bit

I've done a heap of racing today so I'm a bit raced out for one day, not that I improved much But I am enjoying it, even if I'm not winning or even overtaking anyone.

I did watch a couple of laps from some guy who was flying around the circuit, but it didn't show his gear changes and I could only go by sound which was a bit hard Anyway, enough racing for one night, I might go and watch some of the iRacing Racing School vids, I'm sure I'll get lots of pointers.

Honestly, I do like racing games, but I've never got into them too much and never been all that good at them, so I'll keep on practicing. I'm happy to just cruise around the track and try not to run off the road or run into anyone else

I'll get skype going tomorrow and PM you my details. Have you used the in game chat? or do you prefer skype so that you can say whatever without having to worry about moderation? Some of the comments when people run others off the track are pretty amusing. People sure do take this seriously

Comment

Originally posted by Manta View Post

Decided bugger it. Went looking at DS who still have a sale on, and they have these for $449. Chucked the order in this arvo and should have one this weekend (depending on how quick they are mailing stuff). $220 Inc delivery, pretty good

Comment

So what would be considered the beez neez in wheels? the G27?

Comment

I wish I never sold my wheel but I am going to buy another in a couple of Weeks.

AK, the Fanatec wheels are up there but the g27 is a solid setup. Racing games are a ton of fun!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Comment

So we're talking force feedback and what not? If other AAers are doing this I want in

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X