Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

lcd monitors

My 19" I use on my desktop mainly had a whopping big stand, felt like it was made of cast iron or something. All the ones I've had at work (19" mainly the base is sufficient that they shouldn't fall over easily, it would take some effort.

Don't know about larger monitors, but they look like they should be ok.

i havent got one yet, my question is are they easy to tip over? because they look like they are

are you referring to PC or perhaps LCD TV?

I find that both of mine are quite sturdy.

My main concern with the TV was the little ones trying to hug Dorothy and ending up cuddling a flat screen on the floor.

I'm running a 22" and a 19" next to each other and I can say I haven't feared for my life from falling screens.. lol.. the only one I fear from is my 46" X series Sony Bravia :badgrin that I have mounted on the wall. I never trust wall mounted LCDs.. lol.. But seriosly that baby's bolted down hard tot he crossbeams behind the plasterboard.

The stand for my big telly weighs heaps! I'm talking 20 kilos or more..

yeah my main concern is the kids knocking it over, ive got a 76cm crt tv whos picture shits all over this new expensive crap, value now, $450

its funny, 5 years ago i got a teac tv for $1200 reduced from $1800 which died and because i bought the extended warranty they replaced it with a bigger digital banger which was heaps bigger and better and only worth $500, it freaks me out what they used to charge compared to now it show how much profit they used to make

ive got a 76cm crt tv whos picture shits all over this new expensive crap, value now, $450

MAME IT! Does it have S-Video in? ;)

it freaks me out what they used to charge compared to now it show how much profit they used to make

I remember paying $1200 for a 4-head Panasonic VCR with a jog-shuttle remote and a proprietary barcode scanner for programming record out of TV-week. It broke after 14 months.