Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

good comic book reader?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • good comic book reader?

    Do any of you guys & gals download comic books?

    Could you recommend a good .cbr (comic book) reader for the PC?

    Thanks

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Book_Archive_file
    BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

  • #2
    if its for ubuntu, there is one available for download if you go search the cache for comic

    for windows i found this

    http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/M...cs_Reader.html
    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
    if your new to electronics and

    Comment


    • #3
      For all Platforms:

      Comical is the go, !!!!
      http://comical.sourceforge.net/

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Savage View Post
        For all Platforms:

        Comical is the go, !!!!
        http://comical.sourceforge.net/
        yeah im sure thats the one i found for ubuntu
        rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
        if your new to electronics and

        Comment


        • #5
          Cool thanks.
          I got the first few comics of Buffy Season 8 for my sister (I never got past season 2!).

          Also interested in reading Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness as well as:

          Wormwood Gentleman Corpse )

          "Basically, the book centers on a sentient maggot. Bored with his own dimension and eternally feasting on the bodies of dead gods there, he uproots in the search for a nice comfy, yet slightly not so dull world. He finds earth, tends to inhabit corpses which he animates, develops an English accent, addictions to Guinness, cigarettes, strong women. Routinely gets himself dragged into preserving the cosmic order of things for no other reason than everyone and everything else are incompetent useless morons. He pals around a lot with Medusa, an immortal strip club owner, dancer and ex girlfriend who scored a fat contract to manage one of the major interdimensional gateways of earth (conveniently located at the club, I might add), Mr Pendulum, a surly mechanical drinking buddy he made out of a grandfather clock and Guinness cans while bored, and his personal bodyguard, Phoebe Phoenix, who gets a new tattoo every time she kills a man. A bunch of old Sumerian gods will make appearances, as well as the four horsemen of the apocalypse (who arrived ages ago, but discovered videogames and fast food so are quite happy to just hang low and delay things for as long as possible).”
          BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

          Comment


          • #6
            im gonna recommend cdisplay http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay thats probably only because ive never used anything else but havent had too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by XiTaU View Post
              im gonna recommend cdisplay http://www.geocities.com/davidayton/CDisplay thats probably only because ive never used anything else but havent had too.
              Yeah thats all ive ever used too

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mickey Juice View Post
                Cool thanks.
                I got the first few comics of Buffy Season 8 for my sister (I never got past season 2!).

                Also interested in reading Marvel Zombies Vs Army of Darkness as well as:

                Wormwood Gentleman Corpse )

                "Basically, the book centers on a sentient maggot. Bored with his own dimension and eternally feasting on the bodies of dead gods there, he uproots in the search for a nice comfy, yet slightly not so dull world. He finds earth, tends to inhabit corpses which he animates, develops an English accent, addictions to Guinness, cigarettes, strong women. Routinely gets himself dragged into preserving the cosmic order of things for no other reason than everyone and everything else are incompetent useless morons. He pals around a lot with Medusa, an immortal strip club owner, dancer and ex girlfriend who scored a fat contract to manage one of the major interdimensional gateways of earth (conveniently located at the club, I might add), Mr Pendulum, a surly mechanical drinking buddy he made out of a grandfather clock and Guinness cans while bored, and his personal bodyguard, Phoebe Phoenix, who gets a new tattoo every time she kills a man. A bunch of old Sumerian gods will make appearances, as well as the four horsemen of the apocalypse (who arrived ages ago, but discovered videogames and fast food so are quite happy to just hang low and delay things for as long as possible).”
                Yep Comics rock.don't forget the image universe created from Tod Mc farlenes's team.(Brought Spiderman back into popularity)
                the best comic I have read so far is the "Watchmen" Alan Moore ( think he did the sandman series too ?) not read yet grab yourself a copy of the "Watchmen" you will love it ..trust me!
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DKong View Post
                  the best comic I have read so far is the "Watchmen" Alan Moore ( think he did the sandman series too ?) not read yet grab yourself a copy of the "Watchmen" you will love it ..trust me!
                  Yeah I've got a few of Alan Moore's graphic novels, including Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. I think the Watchmen movie is still in the pipeline.

                  Thanks for the program tips guys. I also installed Comic Book DS. Pretty nifty, I can read them on my Nintendo DS.
                  BEEP BEEP Richie! They ALL float down here. When your down here with us, you'll float too!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    .cbr = .rar files
                    .cbz = .zip files

                    what i do is unzip or unrar these files (7zip.org) and view the .jpg's as a slideshow using irfanview (www.irfanview.com). you can also use your web browser or even windows' built-in quickviewer.

                    i keep the .cbr and .cbz for archival purposes, if i do like the comicbook.

                    Comment

                    Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X