amiga disc adf to zip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amiga disc adf to zip

i have amiga lemonade running nicely . i have a collection of amiga "adf" files in a single zip file of 4 gig. unfortunatley lemonade wont read it as such.
    if i expand the file i get about 20,000 files and takes up about 16 gig.
    i thought torrent zip may help, but it didnt work.
    "super cool multiple zip" will do it but you need to register it.. i have downloaded the command line interface for izarc and no joy there either.
    if i could get a dat file for clrmame that would be handy.

anyone got any ideas how to make multiple zips from multiple files and keep the exiting names and just put .zip on the end?
    rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
    if your new to electronics and

WinRar is your friend. I use it to do this ALL the time.

Change to Zip Archive and go Advanced? and select individual files.

Cheers,
    Brad
    My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

awesome,thanks. i will try that and see how i go
      rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on

Comment

ok, have installed Winrar 3.7 (current available)

go to options
        settings
        compression
        create default
        general tab
        select zip
        select "files" tab
        put a tick in the box that says "put each file in seperate archive"

AWESOME!!! Brad your the man.I will dedicate my next ten beers to your name!

Comment

Good stuff =) but careful, I just finished my first and am planning on a "few" more. There may be drunken ramblings later

Brad
          My Projects - Space Invaders Bartop, Williams A-Go-Go, Galaxian Bartop, Jukebox Kiosk 1&2, Jukebox Kiosk 3, Virtual Minipin, Generic Upright, MultiCab, Rampage,

Comment

Woo-Hoo!!! it worked. it took 17 gig of afd files and re zipped them each to their own zip file using the original filename and chopped it to 10 gig (used maximum compresson.took a few hours)

Brad... mate.. thanks sssooooo much for this very simple answer.love your work mate.

Comment

7zip is even better, freeware and GNU.
              http://www.7-zip.org/
              The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

Originally posted by The Pinny Parlour View Post
                7zip is even better, freeware and GNU.
                http://www.7-zip.org/
                true words from Pinny...but alas, Lemonade Amiga does *NOT* support it

Comment

Yes but 7-Zip also supports the ZIP format and others. I just don't bother as I have a true registered copy of WinRar.

* High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
                  * Supported formats:
                  o Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
                  o Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB and NSIS
                  * For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
                  * Self-extracting capability for 7z format
                  * Integration with Windows Shell
                  * Powerful File Manager
                  * Powerful command line version
                  * Plugin for FAR Manager
                  * Localizations for 63 languages
                  Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                    Yes but 7-Zip also supports the ZIP format and others. I just don't bother as I have a true registered copy of WinRar.

Brad

if you dont have a registered version, click here

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                    Working...
                    X