Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Edubuntu

i installed, 1 part of my installation only loaded to 50% i bypassed it it loaded successfully but only a third of the games it will carry it says my pc isnt good enough but what a smart programme

apt-get and it's GUI frontends (Add/Remove and Synaptic) are great little systems for installing software. They take care of all dependencies (ie: say you need a certain graphics library for a game to work, it'll install both for you) and handle all future upgrades.

It's one of the reasons I like Debian/Ubuntu over and above all the other Linux distros out there like RedHat/Fedora/SuSE/Centos etc.

i installed, 1 part of my installation only loaded to 50% i bypassed it it loaded successfully but only a third of the games it will carry it says my pc isnt good enough but what a smart programme

glad linux gave you the same heartaches windows did.all operating systems have their moments no matter what hardware its running on;)

glad linux gave you the same heartaches windows did.all operating systems have their moments no matter what hardware its running on;)

Even OSX had it's moments earlier and that was just through acceptance and software developers. It is a true and tried method and preferred by a lot of people.

Linux has been plugging away for years (and all Kudos to the developers) as they are now getting the recognition they deserve. (never used it but being an Apple devotee I can relate)

Most Apple users I know don't even bother to try and convince people. Once your there there's no going back. Sure the latest emulators, hacks etc won't run but the information you find on the net for Linux and OSX is specific. You don't have sift through the crap to find something good.

Sorry to rant a bit. but I would see no reason to use Windows but for games,pirating and hacking and maybe a Job but I can't lower myself :badgrin

Most Apple users I know don't even bother to try and convince people. Once your there there's no going back. Sure the latest emulators, hacks etc won't run

You'll find that changing a little now that Mac's have switched to Intel processors. Taking Windows/Linux code over to OSX isn't so hard now that they are all i386, and the amount of change and debugging goes down when porting.

• 2 weeks later...
got it sussed and its fucking great, i installed an older version that my pc could handle i looked up wine and it confused the fuck out of me? whats an easy version and how is it used do i open the program first and load a pc game right there or what?