download speed of 130Kbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• download speed of 130Kbs

ive got 512 broadband, is this possible or am i just getting an empty file coz it hasnt gone past 50 Kbs before
    theres a moose on the loose

could be depends on many variables ie where the download site is number of users with your ip etc
    Last edited by comrade.vader; 23rd April 2007, 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

click the logo in my sig and test your speed there
      rc forums looking for cabinet pc atx power supply for 12/5 volt for mame cabinet and turn it on
      if your new to electronics and

Comment

if you are on 512, anything more than around 54 kb/s is impossible
        sometimes at the end of files, you can get empty packets which will appear to come in damn fast
        sigpic

Comment

sweet
          Last edited by Berty; 23rd April 2007, 08:19 PM.
          The best action is wrist action!!!!!!

Comment

These were my results

Comment

Here is mine:

It seemed to get a better result going to Sydney rather than local Brisbane.
              The Pinny Parlour likes this post.

The Pinny Parlour Welcomes you to Aussie Arcade.

Comment

theres a moose on the loose

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cazanth1 View Post
                    ive got 512 broadband, is this possible or am i just getting an empty file coz it hasnt gone past 50 Kbs before
                    kilobit = kb
                    kilobyte = KB

"512 broadband" is 512 kilobits per second (kbps)

There are 8 bits in a byte. The maximum theoretical speed of a 512kbps line is 512/8 = 64 kilobytes per second (KBps).

Every packet sent has a few bytes here and there lost to things like headers (bits of information attached to a packet telling it where it came from and where it needs to go), encapsulation information, etc. While 64KBps is the theoretical maximum, you'd be unlikely to ever see more than 54KBps. The fact that you are getting 50KBps is pretty standard on a consumer-grade Layer3 DSL connection which is renowned for it's horrible latencies.
                    | |

Comment

Yeah what he said adsl overhead is a bitch.

Lots of years ago when adsl was only in telstra's hands... i had a 512k account. I would top out at 55KB/s.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by elvis View Post
                          kilobit = kb
                          kilobyte = KB

"512 broadband" is 512 kilobits per second (kbps)

There are 8 bits in a byte. The maximum theoretical speed of a 512kbps line is 512/8 = 64 kilobytes per second (KBps).

Every packet sent has a few bytes here and there lost to things like headers (bits of information attached to a packet telling it where it came from and where it needs to go), encapsulation information, etc. While 64KBps is the theoretical maximum, you'd be unlikely to ever see more than 54KBps. The fact that you are getting 50KBps is pretty standard on a consumer-grade Layer3 DSL connection which is renowned for it's horrible latencies.
                          if you head out of town most only have isdn, its like taking a shower with the water turned down to a drip

Comment

Originally posted by comrade.vader View Post
                            if you head out of town most only have isdn, its like taking a shower with the water turned down to a drip
                            I was a network admin long before DSL was around mate. 64kbit/s ISDN was lightning fast compared to some of the connections that used to be prevalent in this country prior to that.
                            | |

Comment

i used to dial up sydney to get on the internet 25 years ago
                              In my Day .......................(everything was shit) analogue was King
                              My first computer was a challenger 4p, it was flash it had a floopy disc

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X