Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Unreal and my other fav 90's FPS games - 4/27

VGE

I spend so much time talking consoles and arcade stuff I realized I never got the chance to talk about my other love; 90's FPS games.

So I decided to change that lol. Blood is still legit an amazing game that holds up perfectly.

Curious...what are others favorite fps games from the 90's?

• Like 1

• Administrators

The obvious ones of course like:

Doom

Quake

Duke Nukem (god I loved that game)

Hexen was okay like Narf said

Serious Sam almost makes the date but 2001 release

Loved blood too. Throwing bundles of dynamite and the sawn off was epic

Brad

Rise of the triad Hexen

Blake stone aliens of gold

ROTT is always a blast. I really enjoy Hexen but I always get lost in the levels. Pretty damn complex level design

• Like 1

(slaps head) Half-Life !! The game that gave valve so much success to ultimately create the world-dominating Steam platform. So much in FPS came out of Half-Life. Such a ground-breaking FPS at the time.

Probably the only FPS franchise that is still going strong now as it begun - Half Life Alyx in VR is a Masterpiece.

OK

my fav were

duke nukem the pain of dialup modem connecting to my Bro inlaw on the old P166 MMX 56k modem 16 meg ram 300 meg HDD ohh baby the memory's

fast forward a few years

unreal tourny on LAN was great a few nights playing at organized lan party's

didnt realy play quake or half life but man did I smash counterstrike was even in a clan for a while

of note I also smashed BF2

(slaps head) Half-Life !! The game that gave valve so much success to ultimately create the world-dominating Steam platform. So much in FPS came out of Half-Life. Such a ground-breaking FPS at the time.

Probably the only FPS franchise that is still going strong now as it begun - Half Life Alyx in VR is a Masterpiece.

all time classic for sure

Yep Half Life was definitely ahead of its time IMHO. It gave so much. I thought GTA5 had been around a long time ( it has really), but it doesnt hold a candle to counter strike which in a way Half Life created. Genius.

Yep Half Life was definitely ahead of its time IMHO. It gave so much. I thought GTA5 had been around a long time ( it has really), but it doesnt hold a candle to counter strike which in a way Half Life created. Genius.

Half-Life was the first FPS / game that felt 'alive' in the way NPC's looked at you, followed your movements with their faces and their eyes, talked to you... it added so much to the immersion of being in the Half-Life universe.

Yeah amazing how long Counter-Strike has been around! Must be the most successful mod of an original game ever made.

Even though it doesn't scrape into this list - by one year (made in 2000) i want to mention Soldier of Fortune ! First game I ever played with location-based damage, blowing off legs and arms and heads with shotguns etc! Horrifying and yet so satisfying at the same time :blink:

• Like 1

Remember the cheat codes, Enter the following code: Down, Y, R3 and Right. A menu will be pulled up, allowing you to choose from God Mode, Give All, All Weapons, All Inventory, All Keys, Show Map, Show FPS, Level Select, and No Clip. Not that I ever used them..:lol