No announcement yet.

Apple ][ appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its funny you mentioned that old post. Now I have a working A2M6021x monitor I had to revert my platinum back however no idea what I did with the original crystal luckily I bought a spare motherboard a few years back...still annoying though.
    Hope you keep the Platinum IMO the best of the Apple II's. I just need an mouse and interface card to complete mine...
    If you get rid of that disk drive let me know I'll buy it off ya.

Comment

The Duodisk you mean? That one's a keeper. The single drive that isn't working properly (it's spinning now, but won't read) I think will end up being kept for parts.

Progress on the Platinum - Have 4 keys (down from 8!) that don't work. Isopropyl + just working the mech fixed half, but the rest will likely need removal and straightening pins out :/

Comment

Pro-tip: Cheap EPROM removal tweezers are just about perfect for removing the keyboard plungers in the IIe Platinum's keyboard!

Click image for larger version

Name:	D5jNMTHW4AYv5DC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	1848031

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
          Its funny you mentioned that old post.
          So speaking of that thread, my Plat has mainboard revision 607-0288E - That'll exclude me from doing your trick with the crystal, yeah?

Comment

You need the International NTSC motherboard with IOU 344-0022-A
            The crystal you use can make a difference too, not all 14.31818MHz are the same. ( I forget the technical mumbo jumbo)

Comment

Yeah, I'm stupid here. haha.

I've got that model IOU, will commence hunting through my scrap PCBs to find a crystal to try out. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Originally posted by darkjedi View Post
                Yeah, I'm stupid here. haha.

I've got that model IOU, will commence hunting through my scrap PCBs to find a crystal to try out. Fingers crossed!
                I got mine off a old 8088 motherboard.

Comment

Just to be clear was your original Platinum modification because colour screens (other than Apple specific ones) don't support NTSC-50?

Comment

Yes it was to bring it back to NTSC 60htz.
                    I've got a 13" JVC monitor that does PAL/NTSC I could only get colour on it after the crystal change but now I have an Apple A2M6021x NTSC 50 monitor its no longer needed.

Comment

Just a heads up

Name:	IMAG0166.jpg
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	1849010
                      If you have a Microdrive Turbo and a programmer Henry Courbis is looking for beta testers for new firmware for the Apple iie.
                      I bought one for my IIGS a few years back but it never played nice with the Transwarp GS I got so I ended up getting a CFFA 3000.
                      Normally you'd need to buy a separate rom to use the Microdrive on a Apple IIe but since this thing was doing nothing I contacted him and gave it a go.

Name:	IMAG0170.jpg
Size:	297.9 KB
ID:	1849011 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0171.jpg
Size:	271.4 KB
ID:	1849012
                      Installed in slot 7 with the 32 meg drive image from the Reactivemicro site everything works great. Super convenient!

Comment

Originally posted by Arcade King View Post
                        Just a heads up
                        https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=149359
                        If you have a Microdrive Turbo and a programmer Henry Courbis is looking for beta testers for new firmware for the Apple iie.
                        I bought one for my IIGS a few years back but it never played nice with the Transwarp GS I got so I ended up getting a CFFA 3000.
                        Normally you'd need to buy a separate rom to use the Microdrive on a Apple IIe but since this thing was doing nothing I contacted him and gave it a go.
                        https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=149360 https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachm...hmentid=149361
                        Installed in slot 7 with the 32 meg drive image from the Reactivemicro site everything works great. Super convenient!
                        @bigtrev
                        live between the flip and the tilt

Comment

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Size:	217.8 KB
ID:	1849118
                          3 more added to my Apple II collection.

Comment

For the handful of us retro computer lovers saw this on Matt Chat earlier.
                            https://www.6502workshop.com/p/nox-archaist.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RFPfJk76ts

Looks great.

Comment

Lego 1038-1 buggy kit running off my Enhanced Apple //e.
                              https://youtu.be/gzJRB2FmwMQ
                              Thanks to [MENTION=1650]darkjedi[/MENTION] for getting the ball rolling on this one. He supplied the interface card.
                              The black box and Lego set were bought on eBay as separate lots and the missing parts from the set were bought on Bricklink.
                              I managed to find the software online and transferred it to the Apple using ADT Pro, the Dell laptop in the top left of the video, a Super Serial Card in the Apple with a null modem cable connecting the two computers.
                              I've since ordered more motors, some lights, touch sensors and optical sensors with encoder wheels and more cables for it. All I need to find now are more Lego Technic pieces.
                              I've got it set up in the Not For Profit Makerspace I'm running for members to play with.
                              Cheers Trev

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Comment

My little IIeClick image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0217.jpeg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1851394

Sent from my HTC 10 using Aussie Arcade mobile app

- - - Updated - - -

oh and 10 points for anybody who can guess the game.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X