Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RaspberryJAMMA 4 Player Adaptor NOW AVAILABLE!

Collapse

RaspberryJAMMA is a Raspberry Pi to JAMMA adaptor designed and built in Australia. The project also features a sister project ARpiCADE the cab focused Linux distro for RPi2 and RPi3.

X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaspberryJAMMA 4 Player Adaptor NOW AVAILABLE!

The original and best Raspberry Pi to JAMMA solution now has a four player cabinet solution! Introducing the RaspberryJAMMA 4Player adaptor for RaspberryJAMMA v2 and v3.

The RaspberryJAMMA 4 Player Adaptor is designed to be plug and play in any classic Konami 4 player cab or NBA Jam 4 Player cab without any wiring mods needed. For people with custom cabs or who want more buttons up to 6 action buttons per player are supported along with coin, start and service credit lines. The 4 player adaptor also has 8 extra buttons on board for extra functions, 2 of them are test and service in case your cab doesn't have test and service wired up - the other 6 are labeled but can be used for whatever is needed (maybe you want a button that opens MAME menus or Retroarch menus or adjusts MAMEs emulated volume for games that had digital volume adjustment, etc.).

To use simply unplug the ribbon cable that goes from the RPi to the RaspberryJAMMA, plug the 4 player board into the RaspberryJAMMAs 40 pin header taking care to line it up right and finally refit the ribbon cable from the RPi to the 40 pin header on the 4 player board. Insert 4 player ARpiCADE software ( https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=702 ) and you're good to go.

There are 2 sets of 15 pin player 3 and player 4 headers on the RaspberryJAMMA 4 Player Adaptor, one is labeled 'K' for Konami wired cabs (eg. The Simpsons, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Sunset Riders etc.) (and also probably Data Easts Captain America and the Avengers which I believe uses the same wiring) and the other headers are labeled 'M' for NBA Jam (and maybe other Midway if the wiring matches) cabs. For original cabs keep the dipswitches OFF but by turning them on you add 3 extra inputs to each of the 'K' labeled headers (2 of them were originally for coin counters the other may have been unused or is unknown to me) for 6 button support.

Each board is assembled by hand and just like the RaspberryJAMMA it's made with through hole parts and a high quality Australian made PCB so in the long term everything should be nice and repairable should anything go wrong down the track.

Only $45 + postage (for anyone outside of Australia that is Aussie dollars, currently as I write this worth about USD $32 )

4playeradaptor.JPG

4playerpanelandRJ.JPG

Holy crap, great work man!

Would this also facilitate 3/4 player CPS2 games like AvP?
    SEGA love: | Nintendo love:
    PC Engine love: | Latest retro finds:

Comment

[MENTION=6860]Frank_fjs[/MENTION]
      You can run the games fine but there's not a CPS2 kick/4player connector onboard. It would be pretty easy to make a CPS2 adaptor for the Konami style connections with just wire and the headers though.

Here's a list of the MAME 4 player games (and one 4 joystick 2 player game because Smash TV) I've tried so far on the ARpiCADE release mentioned in the first post, only tried not extensively played to know they're running perfect or anything... My kids love the 4 player panel so this has been fun but chaotic testing, may have to find or build a cab for the panel... anyway, the list:

2 On 2 Open Ice Challenge (rev 1.21)
      Alien vs. Predator (Euro 940520)
      Armored Warriors (Euro 941024)
      B.Rap Boys
      Barricade
      Battle Circuit (Euro 970319)
      Battle Toads
      Blazing Tornado
      Bomber Man World / New Dyna Blaster - Global Quest
      Bucky O'Hare (World version EA)
      Cadillacs and Dinosaurs (World 930201)
      Captain America and The Avengers (Asia Rev 1.9)
      Captain Commando (World 911014)
      Car Polo
      Championship Sprint (rev 3)
      Checkmate
      Comotion
      Cops'n Robbers
      Crime Fighters (US 4 players)
      Cyberball (rev 4)
      Dead Connection (World)
      Double Dragon 3 - The Rosetta Stone (US)
      Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (Euro 960209)
      Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (Euro 940412)
      Dynablaster / Bomber Man
      Escape Kids (Asia
      Football Champ (World)
      Gaiapolis (ver EAF)
      Gauntlet (rev 14)
      Gauntlet II
      GI Joe (World)
      Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (US)
      Growl (World)
      Hit the Ice (US)
      Hook (World)
      Ironman Stewart's Super Off-Road
      Ironman Stewart's Super Off-Road Track Pack
      Judge Dredd (rev LA1
      Karate Blazers (World?)
      Knights of the Round (World 911127)
      Knuckle Heads (World)
      Mach Breakers (Japan)
      Mercs (World 900302)
      Metamorphic Force (ver EAA)
      Mystic Warriors (ver EAA)
      NBA Hangtime (rev L1.1 04/16/96)
      NBA Jam (rev 3.01 04/07/93)
      NBA Jam TE (rev 4.0 03/23/94)
      NBA Maximum Hangtime (rev 1.0 11/8/96)
      Ninja Baseball Batman (US)
      Numan Athletics (World)
      Pigout
      Punk Shot (US 4 Players)
      Quartet (8751 317-unknown)
      Rampage (revision 3)
      Rampage: World Tour (rev 1.3)
      Rim Rockin' Basketball (V2.2)
      Ring of Destruction: Slammasters II (Euro 940902)
      Ring Rage (Ver 2.3O 1992/08/09)
      Saturday Night Slam Masters (World 930713)
      Silent Dragon (World)
      Smash T.V. (rev 8.00)
      Smash T.V. (rev 8.00)
      Snow Bros. 2 - With New Elves / Otenki Paradise
      Spider-Man: The Videogame (US)
      Star Guards
      Stone Ball (4 Players)
      Sunset Riders (4 Players ver EAC)
      Super Cup Finals (Ver 2.1O 1993/11/19)
      Super High Impact (rev LA1 09/30/91)
      Super Sprint (rev 4)
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Turtles in Time (4 Players ver UAA)
      Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (World 4 Players)
      The Combatribes (US)
      The King of Dragons (World 910711)
      The Main Event (4 Players ver. Y)
      The Ninja Kids (World)
      The Simpsons (4 Players)
      The Three Stooges In Brides Is Brides
      Tournament Cyberball 2072 (rev 2)
      Tournament Table (set 1)
      Trog (rev LA4 03/11/91)
      Turbo Force
      Undercover Cops (World)
      Vendetta (World 4 Players ver. T)
      Violent Storm (ver EAB)
      Warlords
      Warriors of Fate (World 921002)
      Wild West C.O.W.-Boys of Moo Mesa (World version EA)
      World Soccer Finals
      WWF WrestleFest (US set 1)
      X-Men (US 4 Players)
      Xenophobe

EDIT:
      the games listed above are not included with the 4 player ARpiCADE release mentioned in the first post.
      Extra EDIT:
      some of the games in the list turned out to be mislabeled as 4 player games when they're not - there's about 80 3 & 4 player arcade games I've found so far.
      Last edited by dee2eR; 11 October 2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Nice work dee2eR I'll take one. PM Sent

Comment

Got mine today. Thanks mate. Will hopefully have a chance to do something with it over the weekend. Now you just need to make something i can use on a Super Off Road cabinet

Comment

Not quite Super Off Road but there's a guy in the States running a RaspberryJAMMA and 3 optical to USB encoders in a 3 player Atari Badlands, of course Badlands is JAMMA.

Comment

Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
              Not quite Super Off Road but there's a guy in the States running a RaspberryJAMMA and 3 optical to USB encoders in a 3 player Atari Badlands, of course Badlands is JAMMA.
              I'm going to give it a go with a raspberry pi and a u-hid when i get a moment. I'll just have to work out the best way for video and the power. Was thinking gert vga666 but that would take up the gpio which would be the best option for power as far as i can tell. Potentially i could modify a micro usb cable to run power from the switching psu to the connector on the pi. Anyway that's enough of me derailing your thread

Comment

Got mine, works perfect. Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X