Feature requests for ARpiCADE software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suk kim View Post
    It would be nice if all the horizontal and vertical games were output at 240p.
    I am lucky to meet you
    The issue with running vertical games rotated on a horizontal monitor at 240p is lack of lines. If the original game res was 320x240 and you rotate it on a 240p picture you loose some of the picture detail (320 - 240 = 80 lines lost), the problem gets worse with a game running 384x240 (384 - 240 = 144 lines of detail lost). At least when you run such titles in 480i the whole picture can be displayed. Some games (eg. Moon Patrol) will look good rotated on 240p because not too many lines are lost, most will look a bit odd.

If you want to play with all games in 240p though have a look at /boot/launchers/advmame.sh (for advmame) and you can change the logic behind the res switching so all games run at 240p.

EDIT:
    My plan is to make the next release (3.7 as 3.6 is currently being uploaded - too late for changes) have an easier way to swap configs for hori/vert, high/low res etc. I'll try and include one for 240p only use too.
    Last edited by dee2eR; 27th November 2016, 11:30 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

arpicade3.5

Thanks for the answer!
      I am making a vertical edit in /boot/launchers/advmame.sh and it works fine.
      Can you do it manually and automatically in advmame.sh horizontally and vertically?
      I'm sorry I can not speak English and bother you.
      The next version is anticipated.
      Be good.

Comment

Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
        To start things off: I want i-pac style hotkeys, mame0176, res switching with refresh rates (still under inverstigation) and a good vertical theme for attract-mode (or a way to save menu rotation in attract-mode).

Other things I know have been requested recently include analogue control support and more consoles.
        I can help with res switching with refresh rates and script framework.

I am currently re-working my ZSys suite to be more or less a Stand Alone System.
        (Being bash based, It requires some command line utilities like BC and TR)

I'm sure [MENTION=15]elvis[/MENTION] also has his own Linux system setup.
        We could all benefit if we share our Linux software stacks.
        Perhaps we should dedicate a thread for such discussions (eg. Issues, Solutions, Scripts and Sharing Tips).

As a starter, This is what I am currently re-working.
        ZSystem_Flow.png

Comment

Feature Request!
          RaspberryJAMMA is a great name for the hardware side.

But ARpiCADE Doesn't go well with RaspberryJAMMA, Better if you make it obvious they go hand in hand.

RaspberryJAMMA + RaspberryARCADE

Comment

Regarding Lua HiScore system,
            If your using Mame 0.172 it may be worth using the latest Lua HiScore or at least version 0.177 (ie. Copy required Lua scripts from 0.177 and replace 0.172 Lua scripts).

http://mamedev.org/releases/whatsnew_0177.txt

Specifically
            -Made hiscore path configurable by ini file, fix .hi file path
            resolution. [stengun]
            Of course test it out, Though I don't think there are significant changes to the Lua script extensions that would impact Lua HiScore as of yet.

Comment

Just checking if the saving of the menu rotation in attract mode has been sorted yet? I can change it by pressing R on the keyboard but it does not save it with a reboot. Also a feature request, I thought it would be handy to have Colour bars and Cross hatch images selectable in the service menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan555 View Post
                Just checking if the saving of the menu rotation in attract mode has been sorted yet? I can change it by pressing R on the keyboard but it does not save it with a reboot. Also a feature request, I thought it would be handy to have Colour bars and Cross hatch images selectable in the service menu.
                The only way I've found to make the rotation permenent is to manually edit the theme. There's a couple of vertical themes included that you could swap to though. I should have a look for more themes, Attract-Mode is sort of let down by a lack of really high quality themes, something I'm sure will improve as time passes. On that subject if anyone has themes they like feel free to direct me to them and I'll include them.

I really like the idea of video setup screens, thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                Working...
                X