Feature requests for ARpiCADE software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature requests for ARpiCADE software

To start things off: I want i-pac style hotkeys, mame0176, res switching with refresh rates (still under inverstigation) and a good vertical theme for attract-mode (or a way to save menu rotation in attract-mode).

Other things I know have been requested recently include analogue control support and more consoles.

How about adding the Pi DOS emulator (rpix86) and installing the free and excellent DOS version of DW Jukebox? Allow access to mp3 library on attached USB flash drive or USB HDD. Have the jukebox selectable from the ArpiCade front-end.

I have DW Jukebox currently running on my games family candy cab and it gets a lot of use. If the DOS version was included with the Pi software setup I may very well ditch the games family completely for the jammapi instead!
    |
    |________________________________
    YouTube: www.spaciesarcade.com

Comment

Me and [MENTION=6204]MrBungle[/MENTION] have been working on getting Retropie fully working with your hardware, which has Mame, SNES, NES, Megadrive, Master System, C64, scummVM, N64, early pc ports like quake, doom, etc along with early apple mac games, and even the zork trilogy.

It's pretty much almost there, when it is fully working I'll see if I can't up the image somewhere, as an alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post
        Me and [MENTION=6204]MrBungle[/MENTION] have been working on getting Retropie fully working with your hardware, which has Mame, SNES, NES, Megadrive, Master System, C64, scummVM, N64, early pc ports like quake, doom, etc along with early apple mac games, and even the zork trilogy.

It's pretty much almost there, when it is fully working I'll see if I can't up the image somewhere, as an alternative.
        This sounds great – be very keen to see this alternative. The advantage of SD card based multliboard is I could just use another card to try this set up

Comment

Originally posted by Jed View Post

you have news about this thing?

Comment

The ability to delete or hide games straight from attract mode would be cool? If it's not already achievable and I'm just stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by hurto View Post
              you have news about this thing?

yes the JammaPi3 with Retropie image is basically in a state that it works, ie all consoles + Advanced Mame, and running on an Arcade CRT, and running emulation station.

you would need to customise the controls file for your own setups. I have not looked at it for ages as the sd/image is with a friend who lives interstate [who bought my JPi3] and we got it going when i was at his house, I don't know if he has attempted to do anything more with it, @MrBungle can you comment ?
              Last edited by Jed; 9th October 2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

you can have an image so i try?

Comment

Originally posted by hurto View Post
                  you can have an image so i try?

Comment

thank you

grazie !!!!

Comment

An expand file system function to run after image install to expand boot partition to fill the SD card would be a worthy inclusion.
                      Retropie has a script for it so not sure if that can be repurposed?

Comment

Originally posted by g5k View Post
                        An expand file system function to run after image install to expand boot partition to fill the SD card would be a worthy inclusion.
                        Retropie has a script for it so not sure if that can be repurposed?
                        I'm actually not sure this can be done easily because of the way the card is set up, the second partition must be moved to increase the size on the first and you can't move the Linux system you are using to move it. This is one of the compromises made to keep the software as friendly to non Linux systems as possible. It would be nice to have a quick easy way to resize though. Personally I'd prefer a tiny boot partition and everything else in the home folder then adding this functionality would be trivial.

Comment

Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
                          I'm actually not sure this can be done easily because of the way the card is set up, the second partition must be moved to increase the size on the first and you can't move the Linux system you are using to move it. This is one of the compromises made to keep the software as friendly to non Linux systems as possible. It would be nice to have a quick easy way to resize though. Personally I'd prefer a tiny boot partition and everything else in the home folder then adding this functionality would be trivial.
                          How about a 3rd partition which is last and where the roms go. Make the first two what they need to be then the user just increases the size of the third to fill their card?

Comment

Originally posted by g5k View Post
                            How about a 3rd partition which is last and where the roms go. Make the first two what they need to be then the user just increases the size of the third to fill their card?
                            It's a good idea but the problem with that is Windows. Unfortunately by design Windows can only natively see the first partition. The Paragon software works on Windows and can see further though... I'd have to recommend everyone use a third party paid program, may as well just use the home folder at that point which is convenient. It would actually make it easier to release software too as I could shrink it right down and upload smaller files.

Comment

Hello
                              Dee2eR
                              The last time the left side of the pvm monitor was cleared.
                              It was a monitor problem. Arpicade3.5 resolution is good
                              I have a question.
                              And the horizontal and vertical games 240p and 480i, respectively.
                              If you change from advmame.sdl.rc (display_rol yes) to (vertical/display_rol yes), the vertical game will change automatically. Horizontal game is fixed
                              It would be nice if all the horizontal and vertical games were output at 240p.
                              I am lucky to meet you

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                              Working...
                              X