Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA board from Raspberry PI

Collapse

RaspberryJAMMA is a Raspberry Pi to JAMMA adaptor designed and built in Australia. The project also features a sister project ARpiCADE the cab focused Linux distro for RPi2 and RPi3.

X
Collapse
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
    Does the genesis folder need a system rom?
    No. Only the CD add on.

    If you're having trouble with the Genesis rom folder it may be worth trying the MegaDrive one as I use it. I don't think there's any difference but maybe I broke something...

    Otherwise if you're having rom torubles it's often spaces in the file names. Replacing spaces with underscores will fix it if that's the issue.

    Comment



    • ARpiCADE 4.3 (for Pi4) now available.

      Current MAME, Daphne, more available refresh rates, 4 player support and more!
      More details and links here: https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2591

      Enjoy!

      Comment


      • ARpiCADE 4.3.1 update now available in the 4.3 thread linked in my previous post.

        Big improvement to Naomi, Atomiswave and CPS3 at 240p. Plus config tweaks.

        Comment


        • I flashed the 4.2 image but this is as far as my boot gets. I also need to change the resolution to vertical. Any ideas?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
            I flashed the 4.2 image but this is as far as my boot gets. I also need to change the resolution to vertical. Any ideas?
            Looks like Attract-Mode is segfaulting for some reason... No idea why offhand. May just be bad luck flashing it (although normally there'd be some sort of error notification when flashing if that were the case), could be indicative of a dud SD card, if you have more trouble with it I'd try another one.

            Even if it worked though, grab 4.3 - it's a huge improvement. Once you're up and running vertical can be set from the service menu, there's rol and ror options so if it's upside down first attempt try the other one.

            EDIT: what Pi version are you using? Not sure if it will have anything to do with it but I'm curious...

            Comment


            • [QUOTE=

              EDIT: what Pi version are you using? Not sure if it will have anything to do with it but I'm curious...[/QUOTE]

              pi4. My other one in my horizontal cab is a Pi3b

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dee2eR View Post

                Looks like Attract-Mode is segfaulting for some reason... No idea why offhand. May just be bad luck flashing it (although normally there'd be some sort of error notification when flashing if that were the case), could be indicative of a dud SD card, if you have more trouble with it I'd try another one.

                Even if it worked though, grab 4.3 - it's a huge improvement. Once you're up and running vertical can be set from the service menu, there's rol and ror options so if it's upside down first attempt try the other one.

                EDIT: what Pi version are you using? Not sure if it will have anything to do with it but I'm curious...
                I'm up and running but can't seem to set it to vertical. The menu/attract mode is either upside down or horizontal. The games are playing horizontal.
                There used to be an entry in the config.txt like below but that is gone now

                # Extra settings for ARpiCADE do not unhash these settings to use them
                # Really, DO NOT UNHASH THESE SETTINGS they are not RPi boot settings and need to
                # be hashed out exactly as is to work properly.
                # to set vertically mounted monitor make this =1 but LEAVE THE LINE HASHED OUT
                # just add (or remove) the 1
                #monitor_mount=1

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post

                  I'm up and running but can't seem to set it to vertical. The menu/attract mode is either upside down or horizontal. The games are playing horizontal.
                  There used to be an entry in the config.txt like below but that is gone now

                  # Extra settings for ARpiCADE do not unhash these settings to use them
                  # Really, DO NOT UNHASH THESE SETTINGS they are not RPi boot settings and need to
                  # be hashed out exactly as is to work properly.
                  # to set vertically mounted monitor make this =1 but LEAVE THE LINE HASHED OUT
                  # just add (or remove) the 1
                  #monitor_mount=1
                  Yeah I've changed the way it works on Pi4 due to some differences. It now makes an empty textfile instead of an extra setting in config.txt The rotation options have been separated from the resolution options. It also has dedicated each way options as the config.txt flip screen trick used on earlier Pis doesn't work right on Pi4. It's now best to set rotation from the service menu (F4 or 'service' button, not the menu that loads if you press tab or 'test' - that's Attract-Modes options menu - if you rotated from there your description of whats happening makes more sense).

                  I can't replicate the rotation issue you're having here. From the service menu vertical -ror flips one way ('top' of CRT on the left side) and vertical -rol flips the other ('top' of CRT on right side).

                  What MAME version is playing horizontal?

                  Comment


                  • Is it possible to play any of the "Double Joystick" games in AdvanceMAME? Maybe setting P1 to use both P1 & P2 joysticks?

                    Cheers,
                    Matthew

                    Comment


                    • It should be, for 2 stick games you shoudl be able to set the sticks to be left and right joysticks using MAMEs menus.

                      Whats happening, what game etc? I can look into it if you need me to.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
                        It should be, for 2 stick games you shoudl be able to set the sticks to be left and right joysticks using MAMEs menus.

                        Whats happening, what game etc? I can look into it if you need me to.
                        Thanks for your reply @dee2eR

                        I haven’t tried to set the controls yet but I am interested in games like Crazy Climber, Karate Champ, Vindicators, Fire Trap & Assault. I’ll try setting the controls for 1 game first, if I fail I might need your assistance

                        Cheers,
                        Matthew

                        Comment


                        • Just finished prototyping a smaller, sleeker, more streamlined RaspberryJAMMA, the RaspberryJAMMA mini... perfect for todays modern high res JAMMA cab about town.

                          Gone are the days of low res video sections left unused. No more unsightly ribbon cable and kick harness. No weird add-on (32x-like, ewww) four player board support.

                          Six buttons available on the JAMMA edge, amplified mono audio, DAC for VGA optional.

                          Lower price (TBD). Still made in Australia.

                          Coming soon.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

                          Comment


                          • Look forward to the RaspberryJAMMA mini. Any further news / updates on the unit / release date?
                            Will it be pi4 compatible and will it work in jamna cabs that have a ctr monitor?
                            regards D

                            Comment


                            • RaspberryJAMMA mini is now available. $80 without DAC (will only be able to output HDMI or DVI video, audio needs to be redirected in the software to the RPi analog output to use amplified JAMMA mono), $100 with a DAC. (Aussie dollars)

                              Unlike the proto the final production version has hard gold plating.

                              The RJ mini hardware supports any Pi version with 40pin GPIO, although the current versions of the ARpiCADE software only support Pi2 or 3 variations (ARpiCADE 3.X.1) and Pi4s (ARpiCADE 4.3.1).

                              It's high res only but high res CRT should work fine using VGA.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment


                              • Thanks dee2eR. I have a old hankin 21 inch table top arcade cabinet, which has the original monitor. I believe the monitor is not hi res.

                                Is there any option(s) using the RaspberryJAMMA mini on my machine?

                                Regards D

                                Comment

                                Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X