Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA board from Raspberry PI

Collapse

RaspberryJAMMA is a Raspberry Pi to JAMMA adaptor designed and built in Australia. The project also features a sister project ARpiCADE the cab focused Linux distro for RPi2 and RPi3.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Dylan, big huge thank you for setting me up with the Arpicade and Raspberry - games loaded and everything works a treat!! having a ball!!!
    totally recommend contacting Dylan to hook you up - he was a great help!! Arcade and Pinball - don't get better than this!

Thanks again mate!!

Comment

• This refresh rate accuracy stuff, is this stuff that will be merged into the v4 later down the track?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayaeti View Post
        This refresh rate accuracy stuff, is this stuff that will be merged into the v4 later down the track?
        yeah it all works on Pi4 too, I haven't released the Pi4 version with it yet though, was planning to add console support first. Will be getting back to Pi4 dev soon.

I actually first made the progress on the refresh rate stuff on Pi4, then ported the changes to Pi3 and improved it a bit more (those changes will get pushed back to Pi4 too). As way more people are using Pi3 I figured get it out first but I was thinking of trying to do both at once at one point....

Comment

• Hi Dylan,

I am running 3.84 on my RJpi3 with AdvMame roms. Will updating to 3.X have any impact on the Working/Not Working status of the roms?

Cheers,
          Matthew

Comment

• I think you should be OK, possibly a game in the nosdl array will have changed romset (it happens very occasionally with advmame, usually due to a backported game driver I think) but most games should be running in the same AdvMAME as 3.84 used (I think).

I'd definitely recommend updating.

Comment

• Don't put this stuff before your well being mate!

I plugged in mine today and ive got a weird problem... it seems like audio is not working correctly...

if i play pooyan when i shoot, the noises clip and theres no music.... if i add a coin, the jingle for the music plays and the audio is restored for a split second before going again. Its not the cab as games are working in it and i hooked up the audio to a portable device and it outputs the same....

Could my DAC be broken?? Thoughts?

Ill try and upload a clip

Hmmm doesn't happen in all games... pooyan and DK3 do though.... wonder if if it doesnt like those roms

donkey kong and jr work fine... but 3 does not have most sounds

Pooyan example here. Audio kicks in when adding credits

Www.palgamer.com/sound.mp4

Galaga is fine... macross plus is fine.

I tried older roms and they didnt fix the issue.
              Last edited by Hayaeti; 9 October 2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• is it one particular MAME version with the issue?

Comment

• Can you help me figure out how to launch in the other versions? I tried moving some roms into the other versions on the file system, but i cant seem to launch anything from there.

Do i need to reconfigure something in the frontend?

Ps. Is wifi setup same on pi4?

Comment

• Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
                    I think you should be OK, possibly a game in the nosdl array will have changed romset (it happens very occasionally with advmame, usually due to a backported game driver I think) but most games should be running in the same AdvMAME as 3.84 used (I think).

I'd definitely recommend updating.
                    Excellent, thanks. I will definitely be updating to 3.X.

Another question - is it possible to set the resolution for games in a config file? I have found some games that either start up with a scrambled display, or become scrambled when the resolution is changed from within the Tab menu in-game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hayaeti View Post
                      Can you help me figure out how to launch in the other versions? I tried moving some roms into the other versions on the file system, but i cant seem to launch anything from there.

Do i need to reconfigure something in the frontend?

Ps. Is wifi setup same on pi4?
                      Did you rescan the roms after adding more? (assuming the startup scanner is switched off).

WiFi setup should be the same on Pi4, can't remember if I actually looked at it though. Not something I personally use. I'm getting back to the Pi4 stuff so will check it before the next release.

Comment

• Originally posted by felixthadog View Post

Excellent, thanks. I will definitely be updating to 3.X.

Another question - is it possible to set the resolution for games in a config file? I have found some games that either start up with a scrambled display, or become scrambled when the resolution is changed from within the Tab menu in-game.
                        In theory adding the games that scramble (I assume in AdvMAME) to the nosdl array in /boot/launchers/advmame.sh should fix it. I haven't experienced changing resolution in the menu effecting the scramble before, do you remember what game that was? It may be a clue to why it happens in the first place... I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the SDL1.2 mods for low res I made years ago, I'd have to dig through old versions of ARpiCADE for the source at this point though...

To actually answer the question: yes. At least for AdvMAME you can set individual game res in the config file /home/pi/.advance/advmame.rc (and 3.9 has it's own config file found in a diff directory in home/pi) - not something I really recommend but if it works for you more power to you.

If it's not AdvMAME games please let me know.

Comment

• Happened to me trying Boulder Dash (Max-A-Flex) on a vertical monitor

Comment

• Yep, I sure did re-scan my roms, I even put a new one in there that showed up, but it didn't want to launch.

I'll play around a bit more and see what i'm doing wrong. (what i'm doing wrong is probably the fact I'm using the pi4 in vertical mode to begin with )

Comment

• Originally posted by dee2eR View Post

In theory adding the games that scramble (I assume in AdvMAME) to the nosdl array in /boot/launchers/advmame.sh should fix it. I haven't experienced changing resolution in the menu effecting the scramble before, do you remember what game that was? It may be a clue to why it happens in the first place... I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the SDL1.2 mods for low res I made years ago, I'd have to dig through old versions of ARpiCADE for the source at this point though...

To actually answer the question: yes. At least for AdvMAME you can set individual game res in the config file /home/pi/.advance/advmame.rc (and 3.9 has it's own config file found in a diff directory in home/pi) - not something I really recommend but if it works for you more power to you.

If it's not AdvMAME games please let me know.
                              The games that scramble are all in AdvMame. Here are some examples:

Pepper II (pepper2) - game is set to "496x 512s 2.00x2.00" and the display is good. Changing the resolution to "248x 256s 1.00x1.00" causes the display to be scrambled.

Quantum (Rev 2) (quantum) - display is scrambled on launch

Quasar (quasar) - display is squashed horizontally and vertically. Increasing the resolution causes the display to be scrambled.

I had heaps more but forgot to jot them down

Cheers,
                              Matthew

Comment

• dee2eR

​​​​​​​How does AdvMame determine which resolution to use for each game? Is it in a config file or in the rom zip file for each game?

Also, could you please show me an example of how to set the resolution for a game in the advmame.rc file?

Cheers,
                                Matthew

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X