VPGL 15 - Post Pass - Rules

Hi Pinballers,

Welcome to arcade gaming competition with VPGL 15. This tournament is the 3rd of the new decade and part of the overall VPGL 2020 and all gamers worldwide are welcome to play. You can join in at any time and play.

Competition:
The player with the most points...

MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner - RULES

Hi Gamers,

Welcome to arcade gaming with MGLXLIV - Arcade Runner. This is the second tournament of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ESPORTS for 2020. All gamers worldwide are welcome to game. You can also join in at any time.

Please watch the trailer below for the official...

Gottlieb Sea Belles August 1956

gottlieb sea belles 1956

so, how many years does it make her?

bill picking up a project in the next few days, a very dirty, neglected old 50s woody.

so good these are still out there, though very rare now.

lets start with the new playfield plastics...

Announcement: Western Australia set to have its very own Pinball Festival

Hi folks!

We’d like to share some exciting news with you all…

Western Australia is set to have its very own Pinball Festival 😊

With Western Australia starting to ease restrictions from tomorrow, we thought what better time to announce plans for a pinball festival...

Monster Bash...Classic Edition

Finally after a couple of months ploughing through our house extensions, I'm back in my favourite room of the house!

Next in line is my custom Monsterbash I've been planning for a long time. Paying hommage to the 1950s Universal monsters going with a black and white theme and lots of custom...

How game board components work

This will be a series of posts on how specific components work on a game board. Its purpose is to help you understand how the circuitry works. Feel free to add to the series if there's a topic you want to cover.

First up: Reset!

You'll typically see the signal defined as RESET...

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA board from Raspberry PI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think the 8 gig Pi4 will have anything in particular over the 4 gig, or probably even the 2 gig, when it comes to retro gaming. I only briefly looked at it but it looks like the same form factor.

I still consider the Pi4 software to be experimental and recommend Pi3B+ for the best experience. I've been unseasonably busy lately so haven't had much time to look at the software further. Not sure if the 8 gig Pi4 will boot on the current ARpiCADE 4.0 release as I don't have one to try (and 4.0 is older than the 8gig hardware), it may require a firmware update or something similar to function.

At this time I don't plan to release a new hardware version for the Pi4, it works fine with existing RaspberryJAMMAs. The only real gotcha is the change to micro HDMI but a simple adaptor can fix that...

Comment

• I've been following the Pi4 a bit and it seems until the drivers that allow the graphics chip's hardware acceleration to be used are available there's not really much reason to move to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
        I don't think the 8 gig Pi4 will have anything in particular over the 4 gig, or probably even the 2 gig, when it comes to retro gaming. I only briefly looked at it but it looks like the same form factor.

I still consider the Pi4 software to be experimental and recommend Pi3B+ for the best experience. I've been unseasonably busy lately so haven't had much time to look at the software further. Not sure if the 8 gig Pi4 will boot on the current ARpiCADE 4.0 release as I don't have one to try (and 4.0 is older than the 8gig hardware), it may require a firmware update or something similar to function.

At this time I don't plan to release a new hardware version for the Pi4, it works fine with existing RaspberryJAMMAs. The only real gotcha is the change to micro HDMI but a simple adaptor can fix that...
        I would gave thought that moving to a 64bit OS would be beneficial, and assuming the extra ram would help.

Might not be now, but I look forward when further developments are made with the hardware. Hopefully sooner than later

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
        Working...
        X