Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA board from Raspberry PI

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
    Samples are shared by the clones. Also not necessarily just official clones, eg. the Spacies samples get used by quite a few similar aged games. You should only need one of each sample set.
    Excellent, thanks!

    Cheers,
    Matthew

    Comment


    • [MENTION=12639]dee2eR[/MENTION]
      http://attractmode.org/
      Attract mode V2.6.0 has been released.
      Fixes a bug where layout would freeze after a month (Plus other improvements).
      https://github.com/mickelson/attract/issues/582

      Comment


      • [MENTION=10983]ozfalcon[/MENTION] thanks for the heads up. Good timing too as I've got a new release I'm working on...

        Freezing after a month... what an annoying to test bug. Nice job figuring that out.

        Comment


        • I have noticed that none of the AdvanceMame roms I have for Carrier Airwing/U.S. Navy (cawing, cawingj, cawingr1, cawingu) are working. The games are playable only until the 3rd medium-size plane appears and then the game freezes. Could somebody please verify this happens with their roms for AdvanceMame?

          Cheers,
          Matthew

          Comment


          • Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
            [MENTION=10983]ozfalcon[/MENTION] thanks for the heads up. Good timing too as I've got a new release I'm working on...

            Freezing after a month... what an annoying to test bug. Nice job figuring that out.
            [MENTION=12639]dee2eR[/MENTION]
            Also note the readme for Mame 215
            We’ve also improved support for building and running on Linux systems without X11.
            https://www.mamedev.org/?p=475

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ozfalcon View Post
              [MENTION=12639]dee2eR[/MENTION]
              Also note the readme for Mame 215
              We’ve also improved support for building and running on Linux systems without X11.
              https://www.mamedev.org/?p=475
              Disregard this post, Your ARE using x.

              Comment


              • Must be new software day, ARpiCADE 3.9 is here!
                https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1517

                Adds support for Commodore 64, Amiga 500 and all Game Boy variations. Also has some updates, including the new version of Attract-Mode and a new theme for the loading images that is sort of NAMCO-ish. If you're happy with what you already have on an older version feel free to not update, for MAME only users who don't run their cab for a month straight it doesn't change much from 3.84.

                __________________________________________________ __________
                Originally posted by ozfalcon View Post
                Disregard this post, Your ARE using x.
                No I'm not. I may have to if I do an RPi4 build though.

                - - - Updated - - -

                Originally posted by felixthadog View Post
                I have noticed that none of the AdvanceMame roms I have for Carrier Airwing/U.S. Navy (cawing, cawingj, cawingr1, cawingu) are working. The games are playable only until the 3rd medium-size plane appears and then the game freezes. Could somebody please verify this happens with their roms for AdvanceMame?

                Cheers,
                Matthew
                Have you tried MAME 172 for this game? It should be full speed in 172 and I imagine if there was a bug in it's emulation at 106 it could have been fixed by 172. It could be a problem with the rom you have too though I guess, I'll try to take a look later today.
                Last edited by dee2eR; 3rd November 2019, 08:01 AM. Reason: reordered

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
                  Must be new software day, ARpiCADE 3.9 is here!
                  https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1517
                  Adds support for Commodore 64, Amiga 500......

                  No I'm not. I may have to if I do an RPi4 build though.
                  So Attract mode can run using frame buffer video device.
                  I'm not up to speed on the use of frame buffers so ignore my ignorance

                  I hope you haven't opened a can of keyboard emulation worms with the inclusion of C64 & Amiga emulations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ozfalcon View Post
                    I hope you haven't opened a can of keyboard emulation worms with the inclusion of C64 & Amiga emulations.
                    Yeah, they're not very well suited to cab use in a lot of ways. The crack group loading screens are the worst, some of them require odd buttons to get to the game, like keyboard keys that aren't even on modern keyboards... (I haven't been able to get past one or two of the crack screens to the actual game). Also different programmers seemed to use different buttons to start games, which joystick was player 1 could change with a different game, etc.

                    If more C64 games had cartridge versions I would probably have made it emulate C64GS to make it easier. With less than 1% of games on cart that would be silly though.

                    Amiga's even more complicated than C64, as it has different kickstart BIOS versions that sometimes, but not always, need to be the right versions for games to work right.

                    Comment


                    • How to easily get rid of “lightning bolt” slow downs?


                      Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

                      Comment


                      • Is your pi connected via jamma? Lighting bolts is usually due to low voltage.

                        Take a reading of your 5v on your cab and see if it's a little lower

                        Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                          How to easily get rid of “lightning bolt” slow downs?


                          Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
                          Just adjusting the cabs power supply a little bit should do it. For a RPi3 (any version) you will probably want between 5.1v and 5.2v as measured at the JAMMA edge. Pi3 is a bit 5v greedy, even the official wall wart power supplies are 5.1v rather than just 5v.

                          Try not to exceed 5.2v at the JAMMA edge or you start risking damage, if you need to crank the power supply up further than that to have enough current it's often due to a modern cheapy JAMMA loom that doesn't have enough wire in the 5v and GND connections from the JAMMA edge to the power supply (often on cheap harness' there's only one of each power wire and they are no thicker than the signal wires but they have more insulation, if you have one of these harness' adding extra 5v and GND wires can make them much better harness').

                          Earlier RaspberryJAMMA boards (including early v3 boards) also had a 1A fuse to suit older Pis, if your board has a 1A fuse upgrading the fuse to 2A or 2.5A cab also help with Pi3 lightening bolts issue. The 1A fuses get much more resistive as they approach 1A draw and can cause voltage/current drops on Pi3 variations (it's pretty borderline, you can get away with the 1A fuse a lot of the time).

                          Comment


                          • Hi Dee2eR

                            It been awhile, but has there been any progress on the development of RaspberryJAMMA v4 boards / software?

                            I am keen to purchase the future version once available.

                            Thank you in advance

                            Regards
                            D

                            Comment

                            Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                            Working...
                            X