Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JAMMA board from Raspberry PI

Collapse

RaspberryJAMMA is a Raspberry Pi to JAMMA adaptor designed and built in Australia. The project also features a sister project ARpiCADE the cab focused Linux distro for RPi2 and RPi3.

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome, thanks. Appreciate the reply and the link - wasn't aware of that ARpiCADE page. Will have a gander now

Comment

Comment

Comment

[MENTION=4749]Hashman[/MENTION]

they're called 'wheel' images, I believe the naming convention came from Hyperspin originally and stuck. They're found in /boot/previews/wheel/ the ones for systems (rather than games) have to have the same name as Attract-Mode uses for the display (easiest way to check when the system isn't running is in /home/pi/.attract/attract.cfg) eg. the 'All Games' display has the wheel image 'All Games.png'

Comment

Originally posted by dee2eR View Post
            [MENTION=4749]Hashman[/MENTION]

they're called 'wheel' images, I believe the naming convention came from Hyperspin originally and stuck. They're found in /boot/previews/wheel/ the ones for systems (rather than games) have to have the same name as Attract-Mode uses for the display (easiest way to check when the system isn't running is in /home/pi/.attract/attract.cfg) eg. the 'All Games' display has the wheel image 'All Games.png'
            Ahh that makes it easy. Thanks Dylan!

Comment

Comment

I need to purchase another one of these and just have Vert games.

Comment

So, does anyone know enough about emulation to speculate about the difference that the RPi 4 will make? In particular, are there systems that might emulatable on the RPi 4 that weren't possible on RPi 3?

Comment

Let's hope naomi/atomiswave!

Hopefully sh3 shmups also run better on a pi 4.

The biggest question is... Will the current raspberryjamma be compatible with the pi4 without a need of a different version in hardware..

I'm not sure how it'd be possible though considering there's a massive overhaul on the video department.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Dee2er has ordered some Pi4s and will be looking into it.

Physically it looks like only a HDMI to HDMI mini will be needed.

Software issues are to be determined.

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

Comment

Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
                        Let's hope naomi/atomiswave!

Hopefully sh3 shmups also run better on a pi 4.

The biggest question is... Will the current raspberryjamma be compatible with the pi4 without a need of a different version in hardware..

I'm not sure how it'd be possible though considering there's a massive overhaul on the video department.

Yeah I didn't want to show ignorance of the relative power of a Pi 4 by saying this, but those 3 are exactly what I had in mind!

Comment

Only time will tell...

That being said, my raspberryjamma has just been sitting in the cupboard since I moved to a groovymame/jpac solution.

Comment

Originally posted by mR_CaESaR View Post
                            Only time will tell...

That being said, my raspberryjamma has just been sitting in the cupboard since I moved to a groovymame/jpac solution.

What are the +/- of each in emulation, video, sound and capabilities (upgrades?).

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade

Comment

This is actually really helpful. Thanks for taking the time to test and list.

Comment

Originally posted by BandontheRun View Post
                                What are the +/- of each in emulation, video, sound and capabilities (upgrades?).

Sent from my C64 VT-100 Terminal using Aussie Arcade
                                Just more power. Especially being able to use a dedicated video card.

Running demul @ 60 fps is possible

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X