Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Control Panel Overlays - Vector, print and application - Amazing result!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Overlays - Vector, print and application - Amazing result!

What an amazing result we had with these control panel overlays.

Huge thanks to [MENTION=15876]BIG Trev[/MENTION] for suggesting a black print onto clear vinyl.

I knew they would turn out great, but this is amazing!

It was a full vector from the blue originals then a nice slow print onto clear.
    I left them for a few days to de-gas then laminated in the same clear vinyl.
    Final step was a wet application and final trim. Amazing!

They're AWESOME. Thanks for doing such an excellent job. You're guaranteed to get my Space Invaders panels to do.
    Cheers Trev

Comment

Whoa awesome.
      I'd be in for some Space Invaders cocktail panels - flip the scratched ones upside down and stick it on the back..?

Comment

Awesome work as usual [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION]!

I have made vector files of these Space Invaders ones for my cocktail restore. If you want the files let me know and I'll send to you.

I also printed mine on the clear vinyl:

Comment

Very nice. [MENTION=535]stuzza[/MENTION] Have you got the file for the laser cutting for the original style? Mine will have one button and the oval hole for the two way joystick.
          Cheers Trev

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Trev View Post
            Very nice. [MENTION=535]stuzza[/MENTION] Have you got the file for the laser cutting for the original style? Mine will have one button and the oval hole for the two way joystick.
            Cheers Trev
            I don't have the file the laser cutter made, however the vector file I made in inkscape does have a layer with the holes in it which I used as a guide if that helps. - which you can see in blue in the preview. In fact come to think of it that may have been what the laser cutter sent me originally as a proof. I can check for you and find out.

Comment

That's ok. I'm after the other version with one fire button and an oval slot for the joystick.
              Thanks Trev

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Trev View Post
                That's ok. I'm after the other version with one fire button and an oval slot for the joystick.
                Thanks Trev
                Mine originally only had one fire button, but at some point someone added the extra hole in the panel. Doesn't affect the artwork though.

I also have this one if it is useful to anyone:

Comment

I'm after this type. I need to know the hole sizes and placement so I can get some laser cut.
                  Cheers Trev

Comment

The flip side of my original panels had the Japanese writing and was like yours except had no TAITO logo at the top left and no ship to the bottom right - or the ship was cut out from the extra hole. I believe mine had the rectangle joystick hole but it had been made larger to accommodate a 4 way stick.

Comment

That's some cool shit! Z

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

They arrived today and they look even better up close. Great work [MENTION=5028]MamePatrol[/MENTION] and thanks.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X