Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Ultimate Denizen Event at Netherworld - 19th & 20th August

In the Netherworld books of lore, the ancient beings spoke of the prophecy of ‘The Ultimate Denizen’ – a unique creature so powerful it mastered all of the arts of arcade, pinball and classic consoles. It was told this denizen would be found at the culmination of the great Brisbane dark carnival.

Once in a lifetime, the ancient ones spoke of a series of trials to crown this one denizen. To achieve this, the denizen must excel in a variety of games spanning generations and style.

Pinball, both old and new.

Consoles, from their birth until the modern age.

Racing on the Netherworld Speedway.

Accuracy with a plastic gun.

Arcade games, from the 8-bit classic through to the colourful 90’s.

A weakness in any particular section will see you cast out from the possibility of the ultimate reward.

The winner will be given many riches and immortalised via royal portrait and hung on the walls of the Netherworld until another denizen defeats them in absolute battle.

The battle happens as a the dark Ekka carnival comes to a close, on Saturday the 19th and Sunday the 20th of August. Pop down anytime to complete your trials between 10am and 4pm on each day. The champion will be crowned at 5pm on the 20th.

Each $20 ticket comes with a limited edition Ultimate Denizen pin designed by moonshine madness, 12 tokens to play and a drink.

Grab advance tickets via theultimatedenizen.eventbrite.com.

NW-Poster-Ultimate-Denizen-V2.thumb.jpg.14e91efc21cabe4789526601b02aff8d.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, so who is heading in for this? I am going to do my level best to get in there Saturday night and post my (likely very shitty) scores. I have stuff on in the morning and then heading into the Ekka during the arvo/early evening, so i was thinking of moseying the 10 minutes walk from the Ekka to Netherworld and then drinking some beer and playing some games. If any other AAers are heading in, it will be good to catch up with the local folks.

Hey mates

Ultimate Denizen is this weekend!! Are you the ultimate gamer across pinball, arcades, consoles, driving and light gun games????!!!!???

The weekend begins with an Ice Cold Beer Masters Class with Johnny Bonde and the world record holder Rasmus "Rass" Madsen via Skype on Saturday morning from 9am.

The Ultimate Denizen games list will be revealed straight after the master class which we will be rolling straight into. In place of the Arcade Club we will have a bunch of extra side comps and prizes around the venue.

Just a reminder that the Denizen is only open for qualifying between 10am 4pm Saturday and Sunday.

See you all Saturday!!!

I was going to head in but hadn't decided when. @John73 said he was going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be in, obviously between 10am and 4pm, most likely on both days. Won't be staying late either night though.

Heading in tomorrow, probably after lunch for a couple of hours if anyone wants to meet up for a game, drink and a chat.

Not going to the Ekka, it's a once in 20 year event for me :D @namastepat - any chance of picking me up a Bertie Beetle Showbag? :D

Sorry man

I'm happy to open earlier if it helps

Not your fault Jimmy, I just have a shitty weekend and didn't realise it was a morning to arvo event. I may still make it in Sunday, but it's not looking good. Hope it all goes well, it will be a great comp for sure.