This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mameshane View Post
    unfortunately i didnt end up beating your score. i only played a couple more games before i had to go. i only managed 164k (didnt bother with a picture) i will take one when i beat the top score . it was nice to finally meet you and WOKA i think it was?

hopefully i will be back up in the next couple weeks and get a PB or even a killscreen if im lucky.

im going to practice hard these next few weeks. hopefully i can get one of my original nintendo joysticks setup at home so i can get used to the height, throw, deadzone and spring of an original nintendo joystick.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Good stuff. Let me know if you want to catch up again and I'll meet you.

I'm toying with the idea of using all my old hardware from a failed MAME built to put into a bartop so I can practice DK and a few other games. It won't be a Nintendo joystick, but it's better than playing on keyboard I guess. Now that there is a legit DK machine within access, I really want to KS this bastard

Comment

Caught up with [MENTION=9497]djflask[/MENTION] at Netherworld for a couple of hours today.

Played the usual suspects and upped my scores a little on DK and a fair wack on Gyruss.

DK 199,900
      dk199990.jpg

Gyruss 482,400
      gyruss482400.jpg

Can also recommend the Kappa Katsu Burger. I went the chicken option, wasn't brave enough to do the whole vegan thing just yet, even though I don't mind eggplant.

Might possibly drop back in again tomorrow, but I'm now working on getting a bartop together thanks to [MENTION=11107]Mameshane[/MENTION] and would really like to get that playable.
      Last edited by John73; 28th January 2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Finally getting around to putting my scores on here. Just placeholder scores until I can afford to go for some bigger ones.

Scores are for Donkey Kong, Joust, and Pac-man respectively.

Also a note about the Pac-man score. It was done using the 8-way stick that was in the machine when they opened. Have let them know it should be 4-way restricted and they're working to resolve it if they haven't already (haven't been in a couple of weeks). Once there's a 4-way restricted stick on the machine. 1m+ scores and a potential perfect game will be in the works.

IMG_20170107_132644.jpg

IMG_20170108_165141.jpg

IMG_20170111_190042.jpg

Comment

[MENTION=19017]Michael Kibbey[/MENTION] - welcome to AA and Noooooooo, I'm no longer the King of Netherworld Kong on the AA forums now that you are here

I saw part of your game on the opening day, and suspected who you were after chatting with [MENTION=9320]Barra[/MENTION] but wasn't sure - I'll say gidday next time I see you there.

Comment

Scores updated...
            Namco Starblade - Taito Cocktail 14" x 3, 20" x 2 - NZ SI PtII Upright - Chase HQ DX, Taito Top Speed - Taito Grand Champion - Taito Safari - LAI SI Head to Head Cocktail - SI Cocktail Clone x 2, Pong Clone x 3

Comment

Thank you John sir Should be there again in the next couple of weeks. Just practising on MAME a bit so I can get the most value from each game.

Also, thanks for maintaining this list Kaizen

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kibbey View Post
                Thank you John sir Should be there again in the next couple of weeks. Just practising on MAME a bit so I can get the most value from each game.

Also, thanks for maintaining this list Kaizen
                Shoot me a PM or leave a message in here if you are going in and want to catch up. I've been there every weekend since it opened, sometimes on both days

I'm trying to get a cab together so I can practice on MAME with a joystick instead of the keyboard. I can generally last 20-30 mins on DK, so $1 isn't a biggie really if I go into town to play.

Any idea what your final life was worth during that game? I think I looked over your shoulder at one stage and you were on your last life and still not at 200k.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                  Shoot me a PM or leave a message in here if you are going in and want to catch up. I've been there every weekend since it opened, sometimes on both days

I'm trying to get a cab together so I can practice on MAME with a joystick instead of the keyboard. I can generally last 20-30 mins on DK, so $1 isn't a biggie really if I go into town to play.

Any idea what your final life was worth during that game? I think I looked over your shoulder at one stage and you were on your last life and still not at 200k.
                  Could just make a USB control panel to plug into a computer to practice with a joystick on MAME. Shane's just finishing his up I think.

It went from L6 something to L13, so probably around 300k-ish on my last man I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kibbey View Post
                    Could just make a USB control panel to plug into a computer to practice with a joystick on MAME. Shane's just finishing his up I think.

It went from L6 something to L13, so probably around 300k-ish on my last man I'd say.
                    Actually got a bartop kit from Shane which I'm putting together atm, should have the screen on the weekend for it. I won't be worrying about getting a real DK joystick like Shane has though as I'll be playing other games on the bartop in our MGL competition.

Comment

Went here last night for the first time with the Mrs and some friends
                      All had a good night - we got there early so it wasn't to busy
                      Really wanted to get stuck into all the different beers but was driving
                      Anyway did OK on Galaga (see pic) and 49k on Defender - my initials are "Ace" if its still up there
                      Enjoyed the pinnies - especially Batman 66
                      Will be back -with a designated driver!
                      20170204_184503.jpg
                      Facebook - "Arcade Furniture"
                      Crusin USA sitdown, Sega Outrun Upright, Neo Geo LAI , 60 in 1 Lowboy, World Rally Standup, Rally-X Repro, World Expo 88 Lowboy, Mirco Challenger 4 Player Pong, Taito Space Invaders empty cab, Asteroids Deluxe empty cab, 2 Player MAME project cab

Comment

image.jpgimage.jpg

Not a high score for Galaga, but my first game on their machine - 133,320 aint bad considering how badly I suck at the game. Think I got 80k on my first life. The high score on the screen belongs to another AA member - I won't say who it is, I'll let him come and claim the score. He might of had another game and pushed the score higher. As I was leaving, said member was also playing Gyruss and getting the hang of the glare on the screen - so my 482k score may have well gone down by now.

Moon patrol pic is [MENTION=1425]zanderzone[/MENTION]'s score - I had two quick games and was getting close to knocking him off. Had a 2 player game of MP first with a mate of mine, and I will say that MP sucks with two players - when 1 player dies, you need to nearly shove the other person out of the way because it goes to the next player really quickly

Comment

My first time at Netherworld. I grabbed a beer and dropped a coin in Galaga and plucked a quick 475 out. Could have been much more but I toasted too many challenge stages. Didn't try again

Didn't trouble scorers elsewhere, the glare was a killer on Gyruss. But had a good game on batsman 66, 420 mil

Cool joint

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade
                          "Beer, it does a belly good!"

Wanted: Pacman Cab Next Project: Skinny MAME Cab for Samfoot, thread soon, no really. I might even do one on my Pole Position cab!

Comment

Originally posted by Foot View Post
                            My first time at Netherworld. I grabbed a beer and dropped a coin in Galaga and plucked a quick 475 out. Could have been much more but I toasted too many challenge stages. Didn't try again

Didn't trouble scorers elsewhere, the glare was a killer on Gyruss. But had a good game on batsman 66, 420 mil

Cool joint

Glare was your excuse was it [emoji23]
                            More beer was needed [emoji106]

Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

Comment

Originally posted by zanderzone View Post
                              Glare was your excuse was it [emoji23]
                              More beer was needed [emoji106]

He was playing another game as I was leaving and beat your score you arcade playing newb

p.s. I posted a bit of an explanation about the DK hardware on TG, if you can add your 2 cents and the photo's it would be great and hopefully the submissions go through - then Ben, Jimmy & Luke can submit their scores for the same video.

Comment

Originally posted by John73 View Post
                                He was playing another game as I was leaving and beat your score you arcade playing newb

p.s. I posted a bit of an explanation about the DK hardware on TG, if you can add your 2 cents and the photo's it would be great and hopefully the submissions go through - then Ben, Jimmy & Luke can submit their scores for the same video.
                                Its probably the only time I will ever beat him on gyruss, so just getting my 2 cents worth [emoji2]

Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X