Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Netherworld Arcade High Scores

Kaizen

Daytona USA

Defender

Donkey Kong---456,300---KIB--- @Michael Kibbey

Double Dragon

Fatal Fury (Neo Geo)

Frogger---39,740--- @John73

Galaga---475,600---FOT---@Foot

Gun Bullet/Point Blank

Gyruss---482,400---JAM--- @John73

Joust---215,450---KIB--- @Michael Kibbey

Karate Champ ---15,500---KAI---@Kaizen

King of Fighters 98 (Neo Geo)

Metal Slug 4 (Neo Geo)

Moon Patrol---62,780---DAV--- @zanderzone

Mortal Kombat 2

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition

Pacman---186,610---KIB--- @Michael Kibbey

Point Blank/Gun Bullet

Puzzle Bobble (Neo Geo)

Rampage

Samurai Showdown 2 (Neo Geo)

Space Invaders

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

The House of the Dead 2

The Simpsons

Edited by Kaizen

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your Arcade High Scores from Netherworld here for a bit of friendly competition...

Post a pic of your score (and initials if the game has it, eg: KAI) on the machine at Netherworld beating the current score listed above and I'll update it (a bit like MGL, no continues etc, only one credit used for the high scoring game).

eg. below...

Offical DK record holder at Netherworld since official opening time :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103817[/ATTACH]

I was in there at midday and set a score of 40,000+ for you to beat... :)

Didn't make it today - far to hot to venture outside and I wasn't feeling the best :(

Might go in tomorrow, we'll see what the weather is like.

Don't worry about me beating 40k, I can't remember much about this game - might go see what's on YouTube :)

Didn't make it today - far to hot to venture outside and I wasn't feeling the best :(

Might go in tomorrow, we'll see what the weather is like.

Don't worry about me beating 40k, I can't remember much about this game - might go see what's on YouTube :)

This is the only You Tube clip you need to watch...

This is the only You Tube clip you need to watch...

All I really remember is the dual joysticks, think the instructions on the machine showed which way to have them for each move and the punching of the bull.

I seem to remember I was alright at this game, but who knows.

Never seen Bloodsport - but for FWIW I recognised the guy with the beard immediately as Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds - one of the funniest movies of all time :)

Some pitiful score improvements, but improvements all the same...

Frogger - 36,170 - Think I was nearly 30k on first frog, and then choked. Want to put up 100k on this machine. It's set to 3 frogs to start which doesn't help, and bonus frog at 20k - is that right? There are no dip switches to set for the bonus frog, I though it was 10k - no matter. My previous high score was still up on Frogger, does anyone know if the 60-in-1 boards (or whatever it is in this) only holds the number 1 score? Surprised to see no other scores on this apart from mine, surely there are people capable of at least clearing a couple of boards on this and getting over 10k - or is no one playing it? surely not.

image.thumb.jpg.63cbf2191db93fe1d97f3e8234e340ec.jpg

Donkey Kong - 123,300 - Just playing absolutely horrible, not the machine or lack of practice - I'm just playing awful :lol

image.thumb.jpg.f8dd722f78d0d860307c1f4f45b9aafb.jpg

Gyruss - 385,150 - Did some almighty stupid things, should have easily got 400k if not 500k+. Next time ;)

image.thumb.jpg.8f7eeec1db8035ced187ab920e30205f.jpg

And last but not least, my Hellmouth fries that I had for lunch. Note to self, bowl holds more chips than it looks like so don't eat breakfast next time. *burp*

image.thumb.jpg.d660a7748c770f2c3918574e4183e9e2.jpg

Only went in for about 2 hours. Plenty of people there, not quite as hectic as last Saturday, but a good mix of male/female/old(er than me)/young and even a couple of ladies with their babies.

When I was playing Gyruss there was a group of guys playing NBA, they weren't excessively loud, but they were dropping F-bombs all over the place. Those who know me, know that I can curse with the best of them - but I do try to mind my language when I don't know the people around me, let alone kids.

Updated...

Cheers. I updated my post. Was uploading the pics from the iPad and I can't type on it to save myself. You will see some notes with my scores and an explanation about the non-gaming picture :)

Your Karate Champ machine looks awesome, I didn't have a game today, but if it is there in two weeks time I'll give it a shot - all the better if you can be there to show me how to play it.

You can practice on MAME, just use the P2 controller for the right joystick.

I'm not sure how long it will be there for but I'm only 10 mins away so shoot me a pm next time you're heading down.

Yep, will do. Pretty sure I'm meeting up with another AA'er there in about 2 weeks time, probably on the Saturday. I'll PM you when I know.

If I had two joysticks setup, I'd give it a go on mame. I'm a keyboard player, and I don't think my brain could get around using eight keys with two hands at the one time :D

One minor problem I've found at Netherworld - if I get a shit start like I did on DK the other day, dying on 1-1 - I need to remind myself I'm not playing on MAME and to not just ditch my last 2 lives and start over, I just put $1 into this sucker :lol

image.thumb.jpg.86336d1f357e93b5d3dc02b469163573.jpg

DK 183,500

Went in again today to sort a few little things out (announcement soonish we hope) and stayed for more fries and more games.

Got to catch up with @WOKA & @zanderzone who I haven't seen in ages which was good. Also met @Mameshane who was there for the first time, he is the S.S. scores in the screenshot. I left before him, so chances are he clobbered this score because he is way better than me, but I thought I'd post it for historical relevance :D Also met another member, Hugh (sorry can't remember your screen name).

Might just have to go back in tomorrow. Without jinxing myself, I'm finding the 3+ elevators a bit easier on a real machine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]104432[/ATTACH]

DK 183,500

Went in again today to sort a few little things out (announcement soonish we hope) and stayed for more fries and more games.

Got to catch up with @WOKA & @zanderzone who I haven't seen in ages which was good. Also met @Mameshane who was there for the first time, he is the S.S. scores in the screenshot. I left before him, so chances are he clobbered this score because he is way better than me, but I thought I'd post it for historical relevance :D Also met another member, Hugh (sorry can't remember your screen name).

Might just have to go back in tomorrow. Without jinxing myself, I'm finding the 3+ elevators a bit easier on a real machine.

Updated...