Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pinball Board Repairs

Collapse

Fixing Pinball machines around the Central Coast and Newcastle areas , Pinball circuit boards repaired , Prom / Eprom programming and Pinball rom sales. Phone 0468 341 839

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken is a legend.... I still owe you an orange juice...!!!
    N E R D S......

I love my new avatar....lol

Comment

I recommend Ken 100℅ , and a champion bloke

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome service & top bloke,
        great to catch up with you at last pinfest,
        BTW what are the other test benchs you chasing
        Luke,

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
          I doubt there are any others to be had

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
            Thank Luke , was great to meet you at Pinfest too.
            Still looking for a Sega/Stern Whitestar test fixture ,not holding my breath but always hopeful.
            Possibly a Bally 6803 tester as well , i'm supposed to already have one but i fear somebody has lost it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybeaux View Post
              Thank Luke , was great to meet you at Pinfest too.
              Still looking for a Sega/Stern Whitestar test fixture ,not holding my breath but always hopeful.
              Possibly a Bally 6803 tester as well , i'm supposed to already have one but i fear somebody has lost it for me.
              Hi Ken, did you end up getting a Bally 6803 tester? The reason i ask is that have a Bally Special Force i just started working on (for myself, not a customers game) that i might need some help with later on!

BTW AWESOME setup you have there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pinbologist View Post
                Hi Ken, did you end up getting a Bally 6803 tester? The reason i ask is that have a Bally Special Force i just started working on (for myself, not a customers game) that i might need some help with later on!

BTW AWESOME setup you have there!!
                Hey Mitch , no i haven't got it yet...i'm still waiting on somebody to pack their container in the US and bring it back for me , only been waiting 3 years but i'm a patient person
                I keep getting told "soon" , so as soon as i get it i'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Skybeaux View Post
                  Hey Mitch , no i haven't got it yet...i'm still waiting on somebody to pack their container in the US and bring it back for me , only been waiting 3 years but i'm a patient person
                  I keep getting told "soon" , so as soon as i get it i'll let you know.
                  Ken mate, your patience is world worthy but let's just call it by the balls. D** has lost it.

Mate you are one of the most easy going people here on AA and always prepared to help all and sundry in post haste time.

It does tick me of on your behalf that you help so many people in this hobby and someone lets you down for a 3 years delivery. From a major identity in OZ no less.
                  http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Still gotta get one of these babies Ken. This is from the RTBB website. Who knows where it is now.

Comment

That looks really nice , i wouldn't mind having that around here but i'm running out of room to put them...lol
                      I build a Sega Whitestar one over the Christmas break , i'll get a picture up soon when i finish up a few loose ends.

Comment

Ken as an amateur board repairer myself I'm amazed by your setup. Do you do tours?

Are most of these factory test benches or have you made most of them yourself?

http://www.afpinball.com
                        "Pinball... harmless recreation for a modest consideration"

Comment

Originally posted by ocyen View Post
                          Ken as an amateur board repairer myself I'm amazed by your setup. Do you do tours?

Are most of these factory test benches or have you made most of them yourself?
                          Thanks i'm glad you like them , i'm not really a tour guide and am busy most of the time but if you were ever up this way you're welcome to drop in for a quick visit.
                          Most of them are Factory , a couple of them are home made ( i got them that way but i've added to and modified them to suit my needs)

Comment

I finally took a picture of the Whitestar fixture i built / modified over Christmas break.
                            I have been looking for a factory tester for Sega / Stern boards for years and they just don't come up for sale.
                            Bay Area have had a brand new one on their website for sale for a long time but the price is expensive and i guess that's why it hasn't sold.
                            Up until now i had an old Starship troopers that i used to test boards in but it took up too much room.

Anyway , i had a spare Wpc field tester i wasn't using , i had a transformer out of an Apollo13 i wrecked a few years back , and Oscar from PinMem was very kind to send me a complete wiring harness out of a Striker Extreme....Thanks Oscar!
                            Here is the end result and i'm very happy with how it turned out

https://postimg.cc/image/ddu15i4f7/][/url]
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Skybeaux; 15 May 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Do you use a testing set of chips for modern test benches like where required in the past?

Nice looking bench by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Autosteve View Post
                                Do you use a testing set of chips for modern test benches like where required in the past?

Nice looking bench by the way.
                                Almost all of the test fixtures have special test roms for them except the Data East and the Whitestar one i've just built.
                                For some reason Stern doesn't see a need for a test rom and you just have to use game roms.
                                I am in contact with a guy in the US who owns a factory Stern Whitestar tester and yep , no special roms for it.....he's contacted Stern and was told there were never any test roms for it.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X