Possible closure of GameRoom Essentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible closure of GameRoom Essentials

People are asking a few questions about possible end to lock-ins.

When we first opened in July, we were making a large loss. Landlord said catch on rent when making a good profit.

GameRoom Essentials is now making a profit and landlord has given us 8 days to be up to date with rent and electricity of $6500.

Depending on the turn out on Saturday, we may have 4 weeks to vacate the premises.

I ask everyone to please share the link below about todays lock-in and tell your friends.

I have so much more planned at GameRoom Essentials including mini golf and live bands but afraid it's life is going to be cut short.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GameRoomEssentials

Not so good news Danny, will share it around.

Yeah landlords don't give a shit, even if you are catching up on rent owed. Rents are out of control of late anyway.

Hope it works out for you.

Having the same problem ATM, demands for instant pay up to date. Threatening emails,etc. They can go EABOD's.
    The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Wow, that just sucks. You have such big plans. I cannot believe that the landlord would prefer a vacant premesis rather than occupied and slowly catching up on rent.

Comment

Hope it all turns out OK Danny, would be a shame if the lock-ins were to end. All Adelaide AAers who are free should try and get down to tonights lock-in.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Comment

Danny sorry to hear about this. But if anyone can make it work you can. Best wishes

Comment

Danny, that's no good at all. Friends of mine went through similar circumstances, ended up getting the option to buy the premises.
            10 months later they are caught up and running a successful business.

Are you in a position to get finances and maybe relocate? I don't know the market in SA.
            Because you are always under the uncertainty of a landlords ongoing and unpredictable decisions.

Comment

Hey guys, I had an appointment to see the landlord on Monday morning but never made it due to car accident. Spent the last two days in hospital but landlord sent me an email anyway.

Still need to make payments every week until caught up and will be monitoring my payments with eviction still pending.

Should be okay if numbers continue to come through the door.

Thanks for your support guys.

Comment

You cant get a lucky break at all Danny. After all the crap you've been through over the last couple of years hope its your time for good luck!!

Comment

Jeez, you can't take a trick Danny.....better luck moving forward - hopefully all the crap is behind you now....

Comment

Originally posted by Crafty View Post
                    Wow, that just sucks. You have such big plans. I cannot believe that the landlord would prefer a vacant premesis rather than occupied and slowly catching up on rent.
                    Problem is they have insurance that pays the rent when vacant and also great for them to have empty building sometimes for tax
                    The unit we left over 2 years ago was $6000 per month. Offered half rent until he found someone....
                    Still empty... they just dont care half of them if they are empty

Comment

Sorry to hear of your recent troubles Danny, keep your head up, you have an excellent business concept

Comment

Originally posted by gameroom View Post
                        Should be okay if numbers continue to come through the door.
                        Danny,

It's been *ages* since I was last on AA so I wasn't aware of your dramas until yesterday. Sounds like a rough time, I hope things improve and you can keep your head above water permanently. I'll definitely try to get to one of the "lock-ins" soon with some friends in tow.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                        Working...
                        X