Newcastle Pinfest: 24th & 25th September 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get into the real pins.
    What's [MENTION=11194]kress[/MENTION] going to bring?
    Will the sheriff be making a return?

Comment

Originally posted by Sartana66 View Post
      Jaybee is confirmed x2
      Big Trev is Confirmed x2
      Vett is confirmed x1

Any others??
      put me down for 2
      Pinballs Wanted -----------> Metallica.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartana66 View Post
        Jaybee is confirmed x2
        Big Trev is Confirmed x2
        Vett is confirmed x1

Any others??
        Will see what I have available at the time Marco. At this stage see what the numbers are like but I will commit 1 for now.
        And most likely sell it too.
        The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

Originally posted by 1.21 Gigawatts View Post
          Sounds great [MENTION=6132]hamo54[/MENTION]. On the comp side would you be open to allowing a round of the Magic Hands Super Selfie League running? Nothing for you guys to do at all - just allow [MENTION=6907]jagojp[/MENTION] to nominate some machines and then top score wins. John - would this work? Can you run a selfie comp on highest score alone seeing as finals wouldn't be possible. The only snag I can see is people hogging games to get a good score, but if people wait their turn all should be well. No pressure John, just thinking openly.

⚡️
          I like the idea as it would be a silly social comp to run during a big open event. However as others have noted, it's just not possible to get on the machines. The amazing thing, as well as the curse, is that the public flock to this thing and if you want to get on a game you have to usually wait 4 people deep.

On that topic... Any chance of a lock in? Maybe do a lock in for AA members who pony up an extra $10 each or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Mar View Post
            I like the idea as it would be a silly social comp to run during a big open event. However as others have noted, it's just not possible to get on the machines. The amazing thing, as well as the curse, is that the public flock to this thing and if you want to get on a game you have to usually wait 4 people deep.

On that topic... Any chance of a lock in? Maybe do a lock in for AA members who pony up an extra $10 each or something?
            I would agree to that on one condition - that it would be restricted to a select number of people - and a small number at that - and it would be more than $10....having said that its not about the money.
            Saturday night is reserved for the people that put in the effort to get the show up and running and for those who contributed a game to the event + select friends and family.
            I'm going to invite a few of my friends and family over and have nice evening playing pinball without the crowds of people. The last thing I want is a potential horde of AA members and having to stand in line to get a game on a machine.

Comment

Yeah agree. Last year I really enjoyed just wandering around talking and playing a few games, doing some maintenance and such rather than the pressure of a comp on top of all that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
              The Artist Formally Known As #1

Comment

It does take a bit to keep these ol' girls running all day non- stop and I mean non-stop copping a years worth of games in 2 days and no matter how much you prepare them things still happen which is why we spend Saturday night adjusting / replacing / scratching heads. My thoughts are this event has always been about the fun and social side of pinball and given the amount of comps out there these days I think there is plenty out there already to keep the pinball competitor going.

For those who have been to Pinfest I reckon we do a pretty good job (if I may say so) keeping a very high % going all the time with minimum machines turned off. Sure we get stuck balls but that's pinball.
                http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Bring on the pinfest 2014 lineup. mm, cv, ww, jy, it was a cracker!

Comment

Bring a pinball up Mar!!! Guaranteed entry!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The other point is the pub usher us out by 11.30pm.

Comment

Originally posted by RETRO HERMIT View Post
                        Bring on the pinfest 2014 lineup. mm, cv, ww, jy, it was a cracker!
                        The Junkyard in public play was ours and is now residing in QLD.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by hamo54 View Post
                        The other point is the pub usher us out by 11.30pm.
                        Yes and they are strict about that. Remember the year when we had "a visit" from the local constabulary to make sure we were all about to leave and there was no untoward going on.

Comment

Depending on progress I might be able to bring GTB Atlantis and Strange World.

Comment

[MENTION=6132]hamo54[/MENTION]. Tell the people what incentives we have in place for people that want to get involved and front up with a reliable pinball for the public to play on this our 5 year anniversary and join the fun.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketscience View Post
                              Depending on progress I might be able to bring GTB Atlantis and Strange World.

Sounds good
                              Let us know ASAP
                              Dont wait till the week before

Comment

She was in good nick JPD, really enjoyed playing it.

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X