No announcement yet.

PINFEST 2015 Caves Beachside Hotel

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only just found this thread and saw caves beach info. yeahhhhh. just booked the last cheap room for friday and saturday. there are probably cheaper places to stay close by, but didn't want to take a chance. am willing to share with two others and share the costs, but only people i know. this is warwick. the krispy kream dounut guy from the expo.
    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Homepin View Post
      Yes, that's why I can't get my air ticket changed from Hong Kong and the domestic ones I need are stupidly priced....might have been a better idea to look at different dates IMO

We are unable to pick dates as the room and date are given to us by the Caves Beach Resort.
      It is when they don't have a booking which seems to happen in school holidays and football semi finals time.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by crazydaisy View Post
      Just wondering what is the best way to get from the Newcastle airport to the Caves Beachside Hotel ?
      Public transport is an option however rent a car is really the way to go.
      A suggestion may be for interstaters to start a thread or do it within this thread to form a car pool.
      Flights come into Newcastle from Melbourne and Sydney and are usually close together. There are not that many each day so linking up and car sharing would be the most economical way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by JPD View Post
        Any one remember the puff of smoke that came out of my Roadshow at the 1st Pinfest You can prepare a game as much as you like but when it has a hissy it does it in style
        I do I was the one who dived under the table to turn it off - Oh happy days!

Oh and from what I remember it was more that a puff of smoke
        Last edited by DivMon; 16 July 2015, 01:46 AM. Reason: Additional tauntage

Comment

Ill be driving down from Brissy on the Friday again, and driving back on Monday Morning.
          I have room for 3 other people.
          I stay at http://www.lakeview-motorinn.com.au/...hp?pageid=2353
          Which is about a 5 min drive from the venue.
          Let me know if you want a lift.

Cheers
          Dave
          Wanted -

Williams Blackout Pinball, Moon Patrol Bootleg board and Gottlieb Mad Planets Arcade board set

Comment

Pinfest is always a blast. I'll be booking for sure.

Any chance of another lock-in for players on the night? That was my favourite part of last year. One of my fondest pinball memories.

Comment

Just it putting out there as its maybe something we haven't thought of before but if anyone would like to bring a game along and be part of the fun feel free to contact Marco [MENTION=5183]Sartana66[/MENTION] as he handles all the logistics of game placement and numbers needed in each era.
              Last edited by Railways; 16 July 2015, 09:56 AM.
              http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlee
                Locked in and booked flights...looking forward to it.Just need to organize a lift from airport to Hotel..
                Which airport?

Comment

Which airport?
                  And which day?

Comment

Originally posted by JPD View Post
                    Just it putting out there as its maybe something we haven't thought of before but if anyone would like to bring a game along and be part of the fun feel free to contact Marco [MENTION=5183]Sartana66[/MENTION] as he handles all the logistics of game placement and numbers needed in each era.
                    i have never been before and didn't know about taking machines? i suppose they had to come from somewhere? sorry for being so ignorant about these things. i saw caves beach advertised last year and couldn't go, but when i saw the thread last night and new i could go, i just jumped straight onto booking a room. being new to this world of pinball meets and get togethers, it will take awhile to get to know what to do and what is expected at these events. i will try and make time and offer what i have that could be needed, or wanted at next years event. are there arcades there too? i'm also not a very good computer person either, so i find it hard to navigate the site and find things that i saw at another time. warwick.
                    Can Play while not spilling the beer.

Comment

Warwick, I was just thinking if anyone else had a game that they'd care to bring along and participate in Pinfest as these games, similar to Expo are all contributed by private owners who get these games running as best as possible with a little TLC for the public to play. The major portion of the proceeds is donated to local charities. Just bring yourself along to this Pinfest and I'm sure you'll run into a lot of the same faces you met at Expo last year. Hope you enjoy the atmosphere with the public and hobbyists alike.

No Krispy Kreme's necessary
                      http://www.aussiearcade.com.au/forum.../138-RAIL-WAYS

Comment

Originally posted by Mar View Post
                        Pinfest is always a blast. I'll be booking for sure.

Any chance of another lock-in for players on the night? That was my favourite part of last year. One of my fondest pinball memories.
                        No lock ins this year, night time is reserved for the orange shirt crew and machine owners this year

Comment

Originally posted by dragonlee
                          How about inter staters ?lol
                          How about the inter countries?

Comment

How about the inter countries?
                            As long as you bring that pink shirt.
                            PINBALL gotta love it

"There's no such thing as too much bling"

Comment

Originally posted by joker poker View Post
                              As long as you bring that pink shirt.
                              Noooooooo

Comment

Seriously is night time only reserved for a well deserved select few?

Comment

Users Viewing Topic: 0 members and 1 (guests)
                                Working...
                                X