Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last 10 Threads (Click View All to see more)

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by FeedTheCoinMech, 15 October 2020, 11:16 AM
16 responses
1 like
Last Post jbtech
by jbtech

Started by Kaizen, 4 March 2018, 08:39 PM
48 responses
0 likes
Last Post perjmolsen  
Started by dmg1979, 9 April 2020, 04:13 PM
4 responses
3 likes
Last Post dmg1979
by dmg1979

Started by cwispy, 7 July 2020, 03:30 PM
38 responses
4 likes
Last Post cwispy
by cwispy

Started by mR_CaESaR, 6 October 2020, 07:27 PM
8 responses
2 likes
Last Post Crafty
by Crafty

Started by iroczvinnie, 19 October 2020, 07:58 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post iroczvinnie  
Started by narf_, 21 October 2020, 09:20 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post narf_
by narf_

Started by 4wasp4, 30 August 2020, 03:39 PM
7 responses
0 likes
Last Post zetsurin  
Started by Jupesa, 21 October 2020, 08:44 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post Jupesa
by Jupesa

Started by Gemini2544, 10 October 2020, 03:56 PM
25 responses
12 likes
Last Post thegrunta666  

Arcade

Collapse

Forums Topics Posts Last Post
Arcade
For general stuff about Arcade.
Topics: 6,517 Posts: 72,157
6,517 72,157
Sub-Forums:
Topics: 42 Posts: 481
42 481
OOO
by OOO
Arcade Technical and Repair Questions
Anything to do with repairs.
Topics: 6,992 Posts: 65,431
6,992 65,431
Sub-Forums:
Video and Electromechanical Arcade Restoration Forum
Any topic relating to the restoration of Video or Electromechanical Arcade machines.
Topics: 1,958 Posts: 25,492
1,958 25,492
Sub-Forums:
The M.A.M.E Gaming League
The MAME GAMING LEAGUE, better known as the MGL, is the best arcade gaming competition in the world. All levels of gamers are WELCOME to play on the toughest games in video game history. Whether you are a novice, experienced, or pro gamer, this tournament is for you .The MGL is a truly global and international competition, with gamers competing from over 16 countries. Having a video game history of over 15 years and with over 2 million views, you can now join the MGL and make history as well. Insert coin and game with your friends, the greats, and the unexpected, from the MASSIVE video game universe.
Topics: 615 Posts: 42,318
615 42,318
Sub-Forums:
The MGL Archive (460/35,462)
M.A.M.E Emulation Projects and Discussion
Discussion on building MAME cabinets.
Topics: 3,626 Posts: 43,247
3,626 43,247
Sub-Forums:

Latest Arcade Posts

Collapse

• Reply to Wondering about a Taito cabinet
    by jbtech
    I have a photo of my Taito machine when the glass was removed. There is a tinted / smoked screen which spans the CRT cutout and on the underside it has a shaped surround or bezel to match up to the curve of the tube. Those two parts appear to be glued together as an assembly. The top of the table is...
    Today, 05:26 AM
    by FeedTheCoinMech
    Yeah, I only want to solder where absolutely necessary, but my skills could use some improvement there, no doubt.

No goodies under the glass. The guy I bought it from had replaced the glass (and fortunately included the original glass, which is a bit scratched up, though I may ultimately...
    Today, 01:30 AM
  • Reply to Atari Pong PCB Reproduction
    by perjmolsen
    Hi Kaizen

Is it possible to by a Pong reproduction PCB from you?

Kind regards
    Per
    Yesterday, 06:32 PM
  • Reply to Replica 1978 Taito Space Invader arcade cabinet
    by dmg1979
    Dear all,
    I am still struggling with finding the proper dimensions for the original Taito Space Invaders cabinet. Anyone out there can help me?

In the mean time I have made a replica Donkey Kong cabinet. I am planning to build another 3 Nintendo cabs for DK Junior, DK3, Popeye...
    Yesterday, 11:29 AM
    by jbtech
    - just noticed your latest post Mike - I think it's time to brush up your soldering skills, well worth it in the long run and you can do simple repairs or make up any adaptor you can dream of cheaply and easily! Best Regards, John
    Yesterday, 07:01 AM
    by jbtech
    Hi again Mike, by the way - have you looked under the glass on your machine? When I came to replacing the (cracked, not toughened and non original) glass which was on my Missile Command TT I found the original game instruction cards were still there. They just couldn't be seen as the entire glass had...
    Yesterday, 06:51 AM
    by FeedTheCoinMech
    Seems like I could get a JAMMA to Konami cabinet adapter...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMMA-to-Ko...4AAOSwdehfjFjH

...a JAMMA to terminal adapter...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jamma-2-ter...-/293063904942

...and a JAMMA harness...

https:...
    Yesterday, 06:45 AM
    by FeedTheCoinMech
    Thanks again for the replies, everyone!

John, yeah, it seems that the previous modder used the T connector. I don't see any signs of the G connector. What you suggest sounds smart -- to be less invasive and keep the original modded connector as-is and maybe try and make an adapter. Guess...
    Yesterday, 03:51 AM
    by Autosteve
    Have you tried tracking down the machine's origin though Taito America?. All the stuff here come in through Taito Australia, ( was eaten up by AMF Bowling), but I do know there was a Taito America as we here at Taito Australia bought in parts from Taito American when Japan couldn't supply.
    The...
    22 October 2020, 11:39 PM
  • Reply to Konami 054544 / 054986A Reproduction Board
    by cwispy
    Sorry, I have not received a PM from you?...
    22 October 2020, 08:25 PM
    by poidapoida
    That cabs in good nick and sounds like it plays. When I first got into arcades I was really hung up keeping things original as well, but most cabs in Australia were generic and when a game stopped earning it was swapped out. Your cab is a survivor and has history, Ms Pacman was released in 82. I wouldn't...
    22 October 2020, 08:23 PM
  • Reply to Konami 054544 / 054986A Reproduction Board
    by sztojanov
    cwispy PM sent to you...
    22 October 2020, 08:03 PM
    by jbtech
    Hi again, there's a long answer to that and it's just my own opinion so please feel free to disagree - it's your choice entirely. It does no harm to take your time, see what's available and be sure before you proceed, especially if your machine is working as it stands.

Personally, I would...
    22 October 2020, 07:53 PM
  • Reply to Sega Blast Cities
    by Crafty
    Looking awesome so far. Will definitely be worth the effort
    22 October 2020, 05:31 PM
    by FeedTheCoinMech
    Another quick newb question. So I clearly have a bootleg PCB. I count 36 contacts -- 18 on each side. If I wanted to get a legit Bally Midway Ms. Pac-Man PCB I know I'd need to adapt it as the connectors and pin-outs are different. I see adapters for sale that adapt non-JAMMA PCBs to JAMMA connectors...
    22 October 2020, 05:01 PM
  • Reply to Namco to CPS2 kick adaptor
    by iroczvinnie
    zetsurin
    Great, thank you, that looks like what I need. I did originally look at JNX site, but didn't find the product you've linked to, but have emailed them to see if they still make them. Thanks heaps for the link....
    22 October 2020, 11:57 AM
    by jbtech
    I have to agree, if the maze is burnt into the screen it would be less obvious to leave it as is. At least in Ms. Pacman the screen doesn't scroll (is that right? I think Pacman Jr. scrolls...)

I have a machine where a previous owner sliced into the button 3 and coin wires with a knife,...
    22 October 2020, 11:32 AM
    by FeedTheCoinMech
    Thanks for the reply! Guess I'm better off just keeping it as a derelict Taito cocktail with Ms. Pac-Man or maybe adding a Raspberry Pi and programming a game of my own. Of course, with all the Ms. Pac-Man burn-in, eh, maybe just better off keeping it a Ms. Pac-Man, though thinking I should be legit...
    22 October 2020, 10:57 AM
    by jbtech
    Hi again FeedTheCoinMech, looking at the remains of the control panel overlays in your photos it probably is a Space Invaders Part II machine after all, which used a different version of the 3 board set. Regards, John
    22 October 2020, 10:51 AM
    by jbtech
    22 October 2020, 07:41 AM
Working...
X